• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Doc I agree, range wise we have the guys that can go get it at the corners and Fletch has solid footwork and a quick cross over. I believe his glove side negative in OAA is based on the ability of Walsh being able to get to the balls in the hole. And the ones he can't due to the over-shift tends to place Fletch in a spot where his tenacity gets the best of him. And even though he goes after them and sometimes makes the play. It negatively affects his grades. Which is why I'm not a huge fan of analytics but base my thought process more on the eye test in certain situations.

Now on players I watch readily I base my thoughts on range, lateral quickness, foot quickness, and ability to plant and move rapidly in changing direction, and transfer of ball glove to throwing hand. (Iglesias couldn't do much of that) (Simba could) (Fletcher can) the guy I like is (Nick Ahmed defensively) (haven't seen enough of Wade).

Iglesias really made the entire defense poor in the infield. And having injuries in the OF pushed Pujols into regular duty at 1st in the first month. Rendon’s absence for the majority made 3rd an issue too.

With Fletcher, Rendon and Walsh, if they have a good defensive guy at SS they’ll be ok. Wade, Davis are excellent supposedly and Rengifo is a pretty good defender. I just worry about their offense 

28 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Iglesias really made the entire defense poor in the infield. And having injuries in the OF pushed Pujols into regular duty at 1st in the first month. Rendon’s absence for the majority made 3rd an issue too.

With Fletcher, Rendon and Walsh, if they have a good defensive guy at SS they’ll be ok. Wade, Davis are excellent supposedly and Rengifo is a pretty good defender. I just worry about their offense 

True Hubs,

On the flipping if everyone is healthy we should have a Top offense and can hide a guy near the bottom sandwiched between. Fletcher, the catcher, or Adell.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Not sure where supposed excellent defensive rating for either Wade or Davis came from.  Wade's sample in mlb is limited but early returns are pretty meh.  From what I've seen of Davis he's probably pretty avg.  Neither of these guys are an improvement over Iglesias if it truly was positioning having a major impact on his defense in 2021.  

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry for being really vague here as I'm no longer in the business of trying to break news or anything like that, in addition to not wanting to ruin what could be huge for the Halos.....but I heard just today from a reputable source that we're signing a top tiered starting pitcher sometime over the new few days. While I know who this starting pitcher is, I cannot reveal it is at this time. 

A new birdie has risen like a phoenix from the ashes with good news to come real soon. 

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. 

How dare you.

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry for being really vague here as I'm no longer in the business of trying to break news or anything like that, in addition to not wanting to ruin what could be huge for the Halos.....but I heard just today from a reputable source that we're signing a top tiered starting pitcher sometime over the new few days. While I know who this starting pitcher is, I cannot reveal it is at this time. 

A new birdie has risen like a phoenix from the ashes with good news to come real soon. 

Good shit Chuck! I hope your source is right. 

by the way, has anyone else noticed that when Minasian is asked about payroll or things related to Arte he references the 'ownership group' instead of Arte directly.  Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but thought it was some interesting spin.  Trying to take some of the responsibility from Arte and make it seem more like a collective.  

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Will we be happy?  And it’s a signing, not a trade?