• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

I'm 100% with Scooter Gennett here. Correa is a fucking cheating bastard and he and Altuve are the worst of the lot. They're trying to push this narrative that the Astros are clean now, but somehow I fucking doubt it.

They won a WS by exploiting a loophole. The front office gave up the sacrificial lamb, but they absolutely should've been punished harder. Vacate the WS and explain that any further cheating schemes get them a post season ban, or even removed from the league for a year.

Fuck the Asterisks.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

I'm 100% with Scooter Gennett here. Correa is a fucking cheating bastard and he and Altuve are the worst of the lot. They're trying to push this narrative that the Astros are clean now, but somehow I fucking doubt it.

They won a WS by exploiting a loophole. The front office gave up the sacrificial lamb, but they absolutely should've been punished harder. Vacate the WS and explain that any further cheating schemes get them a post season ban, or even removed from the league for a year.

Fuck the Asterisks.

It would be nice if no club signs him and has a "fuck that guy" attitude 

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Soooooo maybe they add Stroman and Iglesias then? 

Hell, get Scherzer and Iglesias. 

Personally, I think Arte has given the greenlight to Perry to sign Iglesias (~$15m) and one of Scherzer, Gausman, Ray, maybe even Kershaw :/, perhaps Stroman (~$25-$30m), and that he's willing to up payroll to that amount, but that being the limit, and, if none of those are met, and expectation to fill out the needs while sticking close to the $180m. 

It's just up to those guys deciding if they want to sign here.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Personally, I think Arte has given the greenlight to Perry to sign Iglesias (~$15m) and one of Scherzer, Gausman, Ray, maybe even Kershaw :/, perhaps Stroman (~$25-$30m), and that he's willing to up payroll to that amount, but that being the limit, and, if none of those are met, and expectation to fill out the needs while sticking close to the $180m. 

It's just up to those guys deciding if they want to sign here.

Scherzer might command $30M+. But if that's the case, then he's the player that could put the icing on the cake for the Angels. 
Perry seems to be working some good magic in getting players to sign. 

Don't forget that Trout was recruiting Scherzer at the end of last year. My gut tells me they will take a hard run at him. 

Offseason of Syndergaard, Loup, Iglesias and Scherzer would almost be a dream. 

https://www.mlb.com/angels/video/mark-gubicza-on-ohtani-angels?t=t108-default-vtp

""There's going to be another big name, I think, in the next few days as far as signing with the Angels" This is Gubi referring to our starting pitching. He and Roger Lodge might just be pumping the team up, but it's also bold to say. Maybe they know of some names we are still talking to. 

13 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

https://www.mlb.com/angels/video/mark-gubicza-on-ohtani-angels?t=t108-default-vtp

""There's going to be another big name, I think, in the next few days as far as signing with the Angels" This is Gubi referring to our starting pitching. He and Roger Lodge might just be pumping the team up, but it's also bold to say. Maybe they know of some names we are still talking to. 

I wouldn't believe a word Gubi says. He's a hype machine that has no clue what's going on behind the scenes. 

Graveman doesn’t have the track record Iglesias does.

Between Graveman, Kimbrel, and Hendricks, plus their other arms, their pen is nuts. 

Trading Kimbrel and his 1/$16m could be an option now, either for the Angels or teams looking at Raisel. This also might make the Raisel market move quicker too.