• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prominent Angels executive (via MLB Insider Robert Murray): Offseason plan is "pitching, pitching, pitching" "If you have a pulse and can throw, we're gonna be in on you"

BTH

34 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Perry Minasian basically said this, not as colorfully, on the record the day after the season ended. 

In your opinion do halos stay away from high priced SS?

Perry Minasian basically said this, not as colorfully, on the record the day after the season ended. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yes

If you had a guess would SS/2B be all in house with Fletcher, Rengifo, and Mayfield or would they consider a low-cost replacement like Iglesias again? (Trade for Dejong?) 

While I have you on the line Jeff......why did Angels cut Iglesias after playoff eligibility? Seems like a petty move which might burn a bridge with Iglesias and not received well by other players.  

An exchange on mlb trade rumors chat.

I don’t get the angle that the Angels should spend on pitching and trade for a shortstop.

What does it matter if they spend on a shortstop and trade for pitching instead of the opposite?

The team needs to use whatever avenues necessary to get the pitching and position players they need.

I would be perfectly happy with trading for the pitchers and signing someone like Correa.

If the roster ends up right, I don’t care how they do it.

722B6828-D3B6-4357-BD51-A5F22D7958C9.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

An exchange on mlb trade rumors chat.

I don’t get the angle that the Angels should spend on pitching and trade for a shortstop.

What does it matter if they spend on a shortstop and trade for pitching instead of the opposite?

The team needs to use whatever avenues necessary to get the pitching and position players they need.

I would be perfectly happy with trading for the pitchers and signing someone like Correa.

If the roster ends up right, I don’t care how they do it.

722B6828-D3B6-4357-BD51-A5F22D7958C9.jpeg

Probably because trading for a pitcher would cost more prospects than trading for a SS.  

19 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I think it's HUBS

If I were an Angels executive, I would not be posting here as much. I also have been firm in the infield offense needs help almost as much as pitching camp.

I'd much rather we get a top SS and two quality pitchers at 10-12M per, and yes its feasible to do that.

But if they signed Stroman and Scherzer, I wouldn't complain. Even if it meant an Iglesias type at SS. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Another Blanton/Burnett/Hanson/Madson off-season incoming 

Arte Moreno has never, eeever exceeded the tax threshold in 18 years.

Im prorbably being too optimistic here, but I wouldnt be surprised if he finally does this year.

Pujols is off the books, and in trout (assuming hes still alive) and Ohtani, he finally has the Manny / Ortiz combo he thought Pujols / Hamilton was going to be.

And hes old. 

I assume (again, im probably just stupid) he wants to see some success again before he retires to the yacht for good.

14 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Another Blanton/Burnett/Hanson/Madson off-season incoming 

Arte Moreno has never, eeever exceeded the tax threshold in 18 years.

He did in his first year. And they were close last year. 

Also there is no tax threshold currently in 2022. He wants to build a winner, it's gonna cost $$$$.

18 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He did in his first year. And they were close last year. 

Also there is no tax threshold currently in 2022. He wants to build a winner, it's gonna cost $$$$.

They were $30 million under the tax threshold in 2021 ($180m vs $210m).

That’s somewhat significant.

This Arte Moreno shows no signs of

a) paying for pitching,

b) getting to the tax threshold for the right player.

Regarding b), Ohtani will be the biggest test yet of that.

44 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

a) paying for pitching,

I’m disappointed that you used an actual name for him. How about Fartie Morono? That seems like an AO name 

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

a) paying for pitching,

No they weren’t. The 180 payroll number is the 26-man opening day payroll and doesn’t include a few things that are included in the luxury tax number.

SPOTRAC does a great job of breaking down the total numbers.  https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels/payroll/2021/

97C7F88D-B112-4D08-A9F9-0F0A5E74694F.png

7F4F0000-EAA8-457F-87EC-71395A9BD3FD.png