• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: 2022 Angels payroll breakdown

2 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Maybe Albert goes straight to Arte's box and doesn't miss a year without a paycheck from him. Not baseball money,  but Arte's been very very good to him. And will be so indefinitely.

my personal opinion is that the ten year personal services contract never manifests itself in any real way with the angels. also, if it precludes him with aligning himself with the cardinals or any other organization, which i think it does, then i think they will negotiate a buyout or possibly even tear it up if mlbpa will allow it, assuming they have a say in the matter.

pujols career with the angels was an unmitigated disaster and it ended badly. screw arte for lots of stuff, but fuck pujols completely for being the lazy lying POS that i happen to consider him. i don't like him as a person, my opinion.

5 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Halo fans need get off the Scherzer band wagon. He wants to sign with a contender. His price will be jacked up by halos but he will end up with Dodgers. Same story every year, Cole and Bauer. Artie does not go over lux tax so forget about that, no matter what the number will be. Look for halos to get Gray and Gray, Jon and Sunny. Paul De Jong at SS in a trade and rest of money for bullpen. Hopefully Raisel will be one of pen pieces. 

I'd actually be really excited if we did that. 2 or 3 of Gausman, Stroman, the Grays, etc would be money better spent. I also think De Jong is the ideal trade candidate for SS.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

it's insane how quickly you guys will just absolutely shit on a dude for having a down year. david fletcher is not paul de jong.

Fletcher isn’t as good of a defender as De Jong and he was the second worst qualified hitter by OPS+ In 2021.

But because he is a fan favorite and he had two good years with the bat, I don’t think he’s lost his job yet, but maybe he only plays 135 games or so instead of 155. But another year like this and they’ll be looking for a second baseman. 

DeJong however had an OPS+ of 86 in his 113 games For the Cards. His OPS+ Is 16 points higher than Fletchers. He also doesn’t walk much, and strikes out far too often. His average is low and so his OBP numbers aren’t good either. He also doesn’t steal. He hits HR, which is good but he’s a rather one dimensional Hitter.

I know you can’t have all-stars at every position but those of you who think DeJong is gonna turn it around and hit like Semien did this year are likely going to be very disappointed.  I wouldn’t trade anything of value for Him. 

8 hours ago, Hubs said:

Fletcher isn’t as good of a defender as De Jong and he was the second worst qualified hitter by OPS+ In 2021.

But because he is a fan favorite and he had two good years with the bat, I don’t think he’s lost his job yet, but maybe he only plays 135 games or so instead of 155. But another year like this and they’ll be looking for a second baseman. 

DeJong however had an OPS+ of 86 in his 113 games For the Cards. His OPS+ Is 16 points higher than Fletchers. He also doesn’t walk much, and strikes out far too often. His average is low and so his OBP numbers aren’t good either. He also doesn’t steal. He hits HR, which is good but he’s a rather one dimensional Hitter.

I know you can’t have all-stars at every position but those of you who think DeJong is gonna turn it around and hit like Semien did this year are likely going to be very disappointed.  I wouldn’t trade anything of value for Him. 

8 hours ago, Hubs said:

Fletcher was in a weak lineup and had an end of season slump. With return of Trout and Rendon he will become a better hitter. De Jong will help pitching staff with his defense. I'm saying De Jong might be an option at SS. More experience than Rengifo.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Fletcher was in a weak lineup and had an end of season slump.

This is incorrect, though I see a lot of people saying it.  The more accurate assessment of his 2021 season was that he had a 26-game hot streak, but was otherwise a terrible hitter.  I've posted this before, but just to recap:

First 60 games: .255/.287/.294

Next 26 games: .454/.468/.630

Last 71 games: .194/.243/.233

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Fletcher was in a weak lineup and had an end of season slump. With return of Trout and Rendon he will become a better hitter

He's not going to get better pitches to hit because Trout/Rendon are back.  He is, at the plate, who he is, a streaky slap hitter with below average strike zone discipline.  The only way he becomes a better hitter is to become more selective and draw more walks.  The thing is that he's tried that before and it didn't work out so well so he went back to his natural approach.