• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Somewhat odd update on Trout from Maddon

5 minutes ago, OttoDog said:

Trout may just be putting family first and not that into playing at this time. Many people's mindsets have changed since the virus became a thing. Hope I'm wrong.

This is a legitimate possibility.

No one is going to/be able to say that he doesn't want to play because of Covid.

I hate opening this stupid can of worms but it's a solid point.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

This is a legitimate possibility.

No one is going to/be able to say that he doesn't want to play because of Covid.

I hate opening this stupid can of worms but it's a solid point.

Trout not playing because of Covid is a ridiculous claim. Trout has been traveling with the team (here and there) and is in the dugout every home game.

Just now, failos said:

Trout not playing because of Covid is a ridiculous claim. Trout has been traveling with the team (here and there) and is in the dugout every home game.

I didn't know that.

So yeah, not Covid.

Still could be something personal though.

Or he's just healing slow.

I just rhymed.

Two years in a row with Trout not playing for about three fourths of a normal 162 season. 

Now at age 30 after being out of a baseball rhythm for so long it may be hard for him to meet expectations and just pick up where he left off in his prime. 

He seemed to be having more trouble with the strike zone and erratic ump calls too. No respect given to him causing more strikeouts than usual.  But I'd worry about him in the he field and on the basepaths whenever he comes back. If his calf is so tender and slow healing it could lead to fear of a recurrence and more tentative play. 

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think it’s that weird that the Angels - and by extension - Maddon aren’t completely transparent about what’s up with a guy like Trout in particular.  I suspect theres no rush to get him back.  I also suspect he’ll get a rehab assignment essentially any time.  

Anyway.  

He doesn't even seem to be doing "baseball activities," so might still be a while before he's ready to rehab.  Given how long he's been out, the rehab might be more than the 2 or 3 games that Upton did, too. 

I'm honestly completely fine if they just shut him down at this point.  At best, he'd get in another, what, 35-40 games?  The team will probably be 10 or more games out by the time he would be ready.

22 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He doesn't even seem to be doing "baseball activities," so might still be a while before he's ready to rehab.  Given how long he's been out, the rehab might be more than the 2 or 3 games that Upton did, too. 

I'm honestly completely fine if they just shut him down at this point.  At best, he'd get in another, what, 35-40 games?  The team will probably be 10 or more games out by the time he would be ready.

What does that mean tho ? Like taking a run around the bases.  He’s at the ball park. 8 presume he’s doing something.  I don’t think visible “baseball activities” are prerequisite for a rehab assignment.  

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What does that mean tho ? Like taking a run around the bases.  He’s at the ball park. 8 presume he’s doing something.  I don’t think visible “baseball activities” are prerequisite for a rehab assignment.  

Well, yeah, running the bases is part of it.  And from recent reports, he's stopped doing that.