• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question/Problem with Stadium Concessions

25 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

St. Archer IPA. 

"By the way, the cheapest beer is $10.50 now. Modelo in a cup was $15. Thanks, Arte!

I had a Diet Coke for $2.75"

You lied to us. And on Jason Statham's birthday.

Have you no shame?

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

I get what you mean, I went to Dave’s hot chicken yesterday and I think they must use the same system. It pops up with 15% 20% and 30% tip options and at the very bottom next to the cancel tip button is a tiny “no tip” button. 

I thought it was ridiculous to think that this teenage chick at her first job deserves a tip for pushing buttons on a screen. It’s a self service place, they aren’t serving me water or cleaning my table for me, or even offering great service while ordering. Just another way for the companies to make money since I’m sure the company take a certain percentage of the tip pool before they break it up to the employees. Even if the company takes 2% of the total tip pool before they pay out to employees all that money adds up over the course of a year. 

It is illegal for companies to take any portion of an employees gratuity. However, because of electronic filing the tip goes into wages and earnings and is taxed accordingly. If you want your waiter/waitress to receive their tip in full then leave cash. There is less reporting of cash tips now that most bills are paid with cards. 

24 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I would ask you to take a photo next time for evidence but we already know how that would turn out. 

Blurry-city-lights1337.jpg

Back in the 80's when small 35mm pocket cameras came out for tourists my Dad took my Mom to France and every picture he took his finger was covering part of the image. Luckily Mom took half of the photos so we could see some of where they went. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It is illegal for companies to take any portion of an employees gratuity. However, because of electronic filing the tip goes into wages and earnings and is taxed accordingly. If you want your waiter/waitress to receive their tip in full then leave cash. There is less reporting of cash tips now that most bills are paid with cards. 

This is untrue. I work in f&b for a company that takes a percentage of the tip pool. I agree on the cash part but that’s besides the point. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

There's an option to enter your own tip, or no tip at all.

I usually tip, but I refuse to tip to an Egyptian guy handling one of the cocktail stands in the first floor concourse. He’s absolutely rude and makes the worst drinks.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Arte is going to supplement the Angels' minor league players with tips from fans.  When you purchase tickets to a minor league game, there will be a tipping option from now on.  You will be able to tip up to 150% of the purchase price.

I have no doubt the bleeding hearts here would have no problem with that. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Arte is going to supplement the Angels' minor league players with tips from fans.  When you purchase tickets to a minor league game, there will be a tipping option from now on.  You will be able to tip up to 150% of the purchase price.

Genious!

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Nope. It was a very small screen on a very small card reader with three little squares. Nothing else. 

At least that's my memory. I'll take people at their word that there were the other two options. I must not have seen them for some reason. I was in a hurry, I'll admit that.

I've seen something similar with certain POS systems - like 3 options - 20, 25, 18 - with no obvious ability to do zero or "other" - I'm sure there was some fine-print thing to change the amount, but too small for my old eyes.   Ever worse was the store that had a system that you had to have the cashier change the amount from 20 - not coercive at all 🙄

I mean, 20% is expected now for someone to hand you a bag?   

I was at a brewery yesterday where the attitude of the servers ranged from disinterested and pissy to an outright malignant server at a food truck - I actually said to the guy "great gig you got - selling over-priced food *and* you get to be a dick to your customers" - of course, he was already tipped.  4 people ordering, they got like $12 in tips, for one order.  

I'm going back to cash for counter-service - I'll wait to get my order before deciding how much/if to tip - I gave big tips 'cuz Covid, but I'm done with that - they can earn their tips - or not