• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question/Problem with Stadium Concessions

Aside from the idiocy of "no cash accepted" anywhere at the stadium (are we transmitting Covid now through paper currency?!), I had a troubling experience in the concession lines about a week ago (Friday, July 16th game). 

I was with a couple friends and went to get some food and sodas for us. Long lines of course, but that wasn't the problem. When it came time to pay (credit cards only), after inserting my card in the reader a message on the screen asked me which tip I preferred to give. There were three choices: 15%, 20%, or 25%. I didn't see any other choice to get me back to the total without the tip. I was willing to give the guy a couple bucks (again, no cash accepted!), but not $5 or more on a $36 bill. It took him less than a minute to grab a couple hot dogs, a bag of peanuts, a pretzel, and pour two sodas. He was also very uncommunicative and not at all friendly. I was nervous, not wanting to hold up the line, so I hit 15%. Seconds later, my payment was processed. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

By the way, the cheapest beer is $10.50 now. Modelo in a cup was $15. Thanks, Arte!

I had a Diet Coke for $2.75.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Aside from the idiocy of "no cash accepted" anywhere at the stadium (are we transmitting Covid now through paper currency?!), I had a troubling experience in the concession lines about a week ago (Friday, July 16th game). 

I was with a couple friends and went to get some food and sodas for us. Long lines of course, but that wasn't the problem. When it came time to pay (credit cards only), after inserting my card in the reader a message on the screen asked me which tip I preferred to give. There were three choices: 15%, 20%, or 25%. I didn't see any other choice to get me back to the total without the tip. I was willing to give the guy a couple bucks (again, no cash accepted!), but not $5 or more on a $36 bill. It took him less than a minute to grab a couple hot dogs, a bag of peanuts, a pretzel, and pour two sodas. He was also very uncommunicative and not at all friendly. I was nervous, not wanting to hold up the line, so I hit 15%. Seconds later, my payment was processed. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

By the way, the cheapest beer is $10.50 now. Modelo in a cup was $15. Thanks, Arte!

I had a Diet Coke for $2.75.

This shit is happening everywhere nowadays

Just now, Adam said:

Quit acting like an old guy. It's really not that big of a deal. If you want to be cheap and not leave a $1 tip for underpaid workers, then hit the "$0 tip" option.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Quit acting like an old guy. It's really not that big of a deal. If you want to be cheap and not leave a $1 tip for underpaid workers, then hit the "$0 tip" option.

I didn't see those options, that was why I asked the question. It was a small screen on the reader and there were three squares. 15,20,and 25%.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

One of the local Mexican restaurants my parents like just added a "service" fee of $9 to all orders over a certain amount. Not sure what the amount is. We found out because we went to lunch there when they came out to visit and when the bill came we were got off guard. They said its new and due to the pandemic. I thought that was ridiculous. Raise your prices a little if its because of the pandemic...implementing a service fee on top of an expected tip is a fucking joke. 

Just now, fan_since79 said:

I didn't see those options, that was why I asked the question. It was a small screen on the reader and there were three squares. 15,20,and 25%.

I don't remember exactly what the screen looks like at Angel Stadium, but I'm pretty sure it's something like this:

image.png

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I don't remember exactly what the screen looks like at Angel Stadium, but I'm pretty sure it's something like this:

image.png

Nope. It was a very small screen on a very small card reader with three little squares. Nothing else. 

At least that's my memory. I'll take people at their word that there were the other two options. I must not have seen them for some reason. I was in a hurry, I'll admit that.

I get what you mean, I went to Dave’s hot chicken yesterday and I think they must use the same system. It pops up with 15% 20% and 30% tip options and at the very bottom next to the cancel tip button is a tiny “no tip” button. 

I thought it was ridiculous to think that this teenage chick at her first job deserves a tip for pushing buttons on a screen. It’s a self service place, they aren’t serving me water or cleaning my table for me, or even offering great service while ordering. Just another way for the companies to make money since I’m sure the company take a certain percentage of the tip pool before they break it up to the employees. Even if the company takes 2% of the total tip pool before they pay out to employees all that money adds up over the course of a year. 

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My orders there are usually around $40. There's no way I'm giving 15% of that to lizard tongue lady and her band of misfits.