• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maddon: Still no Trout update & no news on Cobb's blister

No surprise. It was obvious he wasn't returning soon and any update would not be good news.

The truly depressing thing to me is wondering how many more times we will see this scenario over the next decade. It is no longer being whispered about; multiple articles have been written about Trout's inability to stay healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

No surprise. It was obvious he wasn't returning soon and any update would not be good news.

The truly depressing thing to me is wondering how many more times we will see this scenario over the next decade. It is no longer being whispered about; multiple articles have been written about Trout's inability to stay healthy. 

He had a brutal workout regimen, that is, before this latest injury. Maybe that's part of the problem.

11 minutes ago, Justin said:

The soft tissue injuries like this tend to linger too. It's not a good sign of things to come  

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

He had a brutal workout regimen, that is, before this latest injury. Maybe that's part of the problem.

Maybe. That kind of thing is above my pay grade. Others have mentioned yoga, moving him from center field, etc. I have no idea. 

Just now, Jason said:

The soft tissue injuries like this tend to linger too. It's not a good sign of things to come  

This does not help my depression, Jason! 

Honestly, I see these posts about all the time he’s missed and it’s like my brain has completely erased that those other injuries happened.  I seem to recall one other injury where he was out like this.  I don’t really have a sense that he’s injured often, but apparently he has been.  I guess they’ve played so many pointless games over the years that when he’s out it doesn’t even register for me.  

This isn’t good news…I really don’t see the point of bringing him back this season if he’s still feeling something off with his calf. It is a lost season; might be time to shut him down and take a look at what he can do differently in the offseason to help lighten the load on his body. Is there something he’s doing in training? Would losing 5-10 lbs help alleviate some stress on his body? Is it time to move to a corner OF spot? Either way, it’s up to Trout and upper management to figure this out. 

I hope he gets good news at his appointment and he is back soon but if it’s going to continue to linger just shut him down. 

20 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Trout has been out for like 10 weeks now. He was supposed to be out, at most, eight weeks. Of course, it's the Angels, who is owned by Moreno, a moron. This franchise is poorly run. Lousy medical staff, lousy player development, etc. Angel fans should just petition to get Moreno out and let someone else who cares about a winning culture be in charge. 

Maybe trout just lost his zodiac killer mentality 

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Honestly, I see these posts about all the time he’s missed and it’s like my brain has completely erased that those other injuries happened.  I seem to recall one other injury where he was out like this.  I don’t really have a sense that he’s injured often, but apparently he has been.  I guess they’ve played so many pointless games over the years that when he’s out it doesn’t even register for me.  

Throwing out last year since it was so weird and only 60 games anyway, depending on when/if he comes back this season, Trout will have missed at least 25% of the total games the team has played since 2017.