• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

City of Long Beach made one fireworks arrest on July 4

51 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If someone was shooting off fireworks, I think they would be cited with a $xxxx ticket rather than be arrested.  So one arrest isn't that surprising.  

Per the Geocities article:

The release inaccurately states that on July 4, 15 fireworks-related citations were written. At our request prior to publication, an LBPD PIO double checked and acknowledged that LBPD issued no fireworks related citations.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

The release inaccurately states that on July 4, 15 fireworks-related citations were written. At our request prior to publication, an LBPD PIO double checked and acknowledged that LBPD issued no fireworks related citations.

Wow, that's taking me back.  No wonder it looked familiar in a bad way, and why I didn't read it all the way.  

On 7/12/2021 at 12:17 PM, yk9001 said:

I suspect this is a true statement for pretty much all of the Los Angeles county cities.  Law enforcement know that they are out numbered and as long as there isn't a major safety threat they are not going to intervene. 

4 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

I suspect this is a true statement for pretty much all of the Los Angeles county cities.  Law enforcement know that they are out numbered and as long as there isn't a major safety threat they are not going to intervene. 

That is an insane post.  Understanding that I *like* fireworks - But a lot of people don't like fireworks.  They are loud, they produce toxic air, they affect dogs and pets, and a half stick of dynamite in the hands of your drunken neighbor is a safety threat.

You can walk down any street in Long Beach on July 4 night and hand out tickets for hours.  For fuck's sake.  Do your job.

11 hours ago, yk9001 said:

That is an insane post.  Understanding that I *like* fireworks - But a lot of people don't like fireworks.  They are loud, they produce toxic air, they affect dogs and pets, and a half stick of dynamite in the hands of your drunken neighbor is a safety threat.

You can walk down any street in Long Beach on July 4 night and hand out tickets for hours.  For fuck's sake.  Do your job.

You misunderstood my post.  They have been shooting off fireworks in my neighborhood since mid-May.  They still go off on random nights.  It is no fun getting woken at 2:27 AM by the sound of an explosion.

I 100% agree will all of negative impacts of illegal Fireworks that you state.  Just my opinion, when the number of people in an area shooting off fireworks is a certian size, the local authorities are not going to a situation where they are out numbered.

My question is where is the FTA.  I don't want someone with a garage full of mortars living near me.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:07 AM, yk9001 said:

i9pmhy3tys851.jpg