• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rays (6/25/2021): Ohtani leading off, Rengifo in RF hitting 2nd

Just now, beatlesrule said:

Crap I got the time wrong. Reading through the thread it looks like there was good with home runs and then something bad happened. What did canning and everyone else do?

Canning hasn’t been good, allowing two run hits, and Ward made an error in left field on a fly ball.  

Granted I only have the memory of being a fan since about 1979, but in my short time of watching the team, 42 years, Maddon might be the single worst manager I have seen.  If I thought he had no influence on who was on the team, I would give him a pass, but that doesn’t appear to be the case from day one of the off season.

Okay so the players that were drafted by previous GM's are not doing well. How is it Maddons fault for playing them?  What better options do the Angels have? I blame Madden big-time for his Bullpen decisions but not sure how I can blame him for Canning sucking and players like Ward being bad at defense. What other players should be playing instead of them?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Granted I only have the memory of being a fan since about 1979, but in my short time of watching the team, 42 years, Maddon might be the single worst manager I have seen.  If I thought he had no influence on who was on the team, I would give him a pass, but that doesn’t appear to be the case from day one of the off season.

You forgot Skipper Brad already?

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Okay so the players that were drafted by previous GM's are not doing well. How is it Maddons fault for playing them?  What better options do the Angels have? I fought Madden big-time for his Bullpen decisions but not sure how I can blame him for canning sucking and players like Ward being bad at defense. What other players should be playing instead of them?

He should ask for outfielders to be called up when outfielders are hurt.  

Just now, rafibomb said:

If you're gna put Rengifo in the outfield put him in left field. No point in having Ward play out of position too wtf?

He played more games in LF than RF in the minors (though that has switched in the majors).  The larger point is that he's not really an OFer, either, and they need to just get guys who actually know what they're doing out there.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Can someone explain the logic of taking an infielder, putting him in right field, then taking your right fielder and putting him in left field?  

Because your left fielder is more likely going to get more action versus the right fielder. So it would make sense to put the guy with outfield experience in LF.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

He has had more impact than any manager in team history. You can literally see his decisions having a negative impact in ever game.