• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rays (6/25/2021): Ohtani leading off, Rengifo in RF hitting 2nd

I want @Lou to agree all over this post, but seriously Joe, you are trolling us at this point with the utter disregard for defense.  I truly miss Scioscia valuing defense.  Sure Scioscia may have had Rengifo lead off, but he certainly would have outfielders play outfield.  We have one outfielder on our roster, but at least we have four redundant left handed relievers.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I want @Lou to agree all over this post, but seriously Joe, you are trolling us at this point with the utter disregard for defense.  I truly miss Scioscia valuing defense.  Sure Scioscia may have had Rengifo lead off, but he certainly would have outfielders play outfield.  We have one outfielder on our roster, but at least we have four redundant left handed relievers.

There's nothing to "agree" with. Even if Rengifo makes a game saving miraculous play in the 8th inning, it still doesn't change the fact that the defense and Maddon's decisions have probably cost us at least 5 wins this year.

I don’t mind Rengifo batting 2nd really. They need to give guys like him chances and make them feel comfortable. He’s going to be the starting SS next year most likely

Him playing RF is a serious wtf move though. 

It’s very strange that we had Minasian say how important run prevention is this past offseason and now we’re seeing crap like this. There seems to be a serious disconnect

8 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

lt’s very strange that we had Minasian say how important run prevention is this past offseason and now we’re seeing crap like this. There seems to be a serious disconnect

injuries happen, all 3 of the starting OFs at the seasons beginning are either on the IL or day to day.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds