• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blame Pie 6/23/21

I don’t like this.  I don’t know, I’m usually not one to get fixated on the manager.  But Joe Maddon sucks.  I’m sorry.  He does.  They would have been better off keeping Ausmus.  They’d be better of spending celebrity manager money on more scouts and analytics guys.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

One bad play on defense, one bad at -bat did us in. 

Rengifo make's that play ib the outfiled the first game. The game could have been different.

Stassi doesn't swing at ball 4 twice, we'd win. 

True, but this team has done that all year against the better teams.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

True, but this team has done that all year against the better teams.

Well here's the thing, you got to beat the bad teams and try to do the best against the good teams.

Even the Giants are 13-12 or something aginst 500 and above teams. 

even the Dodgers against other top teams have a losing record. a bad one at that.

Goal should be to win aginst the bad teams and play 500 against the good teams.  

22 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Well here's the thing, you got to beat the bad teams and try to do the best against the good teams.

Even the Giants are 13-12 or something aginst 500 and above teams. 

even the Dodgers against other top teams have a losing record. a bad one at that.

Goal should be to win aginst the bad teams and play 500 against the good teams.  

Halos are 19-31 against over .500 teams.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

My problem with the replay system is that umpires aren’t applying the “clear and convincing evidence” standard in the way a court would a legal standard.  And it really should be.  

The umps that are on replay duty seem to just be ignoring the rule and applying the “what I would have called had I been there” standard, which is not the rule.  

Really close calls should rarely, if ever, be overturned from the call on the field for no other reason than replay isn’t going to show the opposite outcome by “clear and convincing evidence” very often.

Frankly the NY crew should be lawyers or judges with serious baseball knowledge or a dedicated crew of umpires that don’t call games and who are instructed to apply the damn standard that is written into the rules.

Who’s in charge of the NY crew?

is it still Torre?

I just find it amazing that Stassi couldn't draw a walk to win the ballgame..

The two pitches after 3-1 looked like ball four to win the game...

And he just hacked away like he had no clue of the situation.

It's a microcosm

of how the Angels play baseball...and its inheritedly wrong.