• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels pitchers WAR

tdawg87

War Fx GIF by BasketsFX

I thought this was pretty funny.

Now that Slegers got demoted, not a single pitcher on the Angels' active roster has a negative fWAR. Bundy is at 0.0. Tony Watson is at 0.0.

Hell, even Quintana has a 0.4 fWAR. 

The current rotation, as it stands, has a 4.3 fWAR.

The current bullpen, as it stands, has a 1.0 fWAR.

What does that mean? Fuck all. I don't care for WAR for pitchers and rarely use it. I just thought it was interesting that our current pitching staff has a 5.3 fWAR, when you'd think it would be like -30.

Now you could tie this into the whole "bad luck" conversation, as FanGraphs WAR is FIP based, and FIP is used as a predictive stat to show how a pitcher SHOULD be performing. I think we all know the pitching has suffered due to some terrible defense and *cough* questionable shifting. Well, most of us know.

And yes, I know this will show how "useless" WAR is blah blah blah I don't care. But I was bored and wanted to look at dumb stats.

Numbers lie!  I remember my dad telling me when i was young, that anyone that uses only numbers to make a point , is someone who thinks they are dazzling you with their brilliance. But, in fact they are only baffling you with bullshit.  Dad was an Accountant, but i think his thoughts are spot on when it comes to baseball analytics.

28 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Numbers lie!  I remember my dad telling me when i was young, that anyone that uses only numbers to make a point , is someone who thinks they are dazzling you with their brilliance. But, in fact they are only baffling you with bullshit.  Dad was an Accountant, but i think his thoughts are spot on when it comes to baseball analytics.

Cool.

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Your dad was clearly referring to Maddon (or IP)

17 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Numbers don't lie.  People lie about the numbers.  Or they don't understand them.  

11 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

This is where we are, as a team we are too good to not tank (unless Injuries), but we're not good enough to win the wildcard or division. We'll be a 500 teams, that just lack a few pieces. 

1. Another in 3s Era Starter.

2. Late inning arm. 

I just hope Minasian doesn't decide to trade Adell and/or Marsh for a SP because we beat a bunch of turds and got within 3.5 games of the 2nd wildcard.

• AngelsWin.com changed the title to Los Angeles Angels pitchers WAR