• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Las Vegas A's?

19 hours ago, floplag said:

The only reason you dont so this is the stigma of gambling, but thats moot really considering he game are being wagered on if played in an outhouse so, MLB might as well get over that.  

You don't watch sports in 2021, do you?

MLB partners with MGM Resorts, FanDuel, DraftKings, Fox Bet

https://www.legalsportsreport.com/sports-betting-deals/

On 5/22/2021 at 9:46 AM, Skankhunt42 said:

At least if they move to Vegas, they would still be playing in a shithole of a city. 

I'm curious if you are serious or not about this comment?  Sure, downtown LV and the strip might not be the place i'd want to hang out all the time and certainly not live.  But all Cities have those touristy areas that are shady and bad -- have you been to Hollywood, Venice Beach, etc. the past few years?  I have no idea why anyone would want to visit such areas.  Even downtown LA is littered with homeless and high drug/crime area. 

For greater LV though, you have a few really great, family-friendly, low-traffic, safe, good areas to seemingly live in like Summerlin, Henderson, etc.  I'm not that familiar with these areas and Vegas as a whole, so maybe i'm off about these areas being really good areas to live in in LV.  I've just heard lots of very good things about these areas outside of DT LV & Strip.

7 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Floplag is a respected, long time poster here. 

Judging from the jibberish in many of his recent posts, I am assuming he's had some sort of brain injury, or other traumatic incident.

Let's take it easy on him.

Its ok, YK and respect in the same post must have been rough on him even if it was sarcastic.
And people ask why i havent been posting much lately... go figure. 

8 hours ago, Fourts said:

I'm curious if you are serious or not about this comment?  Sure, downtown LV and the strip might not be the place i'd want to hang out all the time and certainly not live.  But all Cities have those touristy areas that are shady and bad -- have you been to Hollywood, Venice Beach, etc. the past few years?  I have no idea why anyone would want to visit such areas.  Even downtown LA is littered with homeless and high drug/crime area. 

For greater LV though, you have a few really great, family-friendly, low-traffic, safe, good areas to seemingly live in like Summerlin, Henderson, etc.  I'm not that familiar with these areas and Vegas as a whole, so maybe i'm off about these areas being really good areas to live in in LV.  I've just heard lots of very good things about these areas outside of DT LV & Strip.

thinking thoughts GIF

As someone who also lives in Vegas, if the A's move here, I think it would work. The AAA Stadium that we have for the Aviators is awesome. Best AAA park you will ever see. I dont know if it can be expanded at all, but it is in a nice area. One tidbit that a lot of visitors dont know is that Las Vegas Strip is technically not in the city limits. Its a unincorporated part of the county called Paradise.

• 4 weeks later...

A's ownership is making a third trip here next week. They have identified approximately 20 potential stadium sites (there is a lot of vacant land here, and other land that could become vacant pretty easily). After they leave here, they will join the club on the road at Arlington. The Rangers built a retractable dome ballpark that is similar to what they would want here. They plan to get a complete tour of the place, and talk to team officials about the design. At first I wondered if this story had legs. However, this is already the third visit, and I was also skeptical of the Raiders' intentions.

It is interesting to read the perceptions of others. The San Jose Mercury called Summerlin, the area where the Aviators' park is located, affluent. Upper middle class perhaps, but affluent to me is an area like Spanish Trail, where Greg Maddux, Andre Agassi, the Sultan of Brunei and other moneyed notables own homes.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:13 AM, yk9001 said:

It's such a no brainer for the A's to move to Vegas.

The biggest hold up will be financing for the stadium.   There will be very little in public funding.  However there is a lot of land the city or county could give the "$1.00" a month lease.

17 hours ago, stormngt said:

The biggest hold up will be financing for the stadium.   There will be very little in public funding.  However there is a lot of land the city or county could give the "$1.00" a month lease.

A's ownership seems to realize that, yet they keep scoping out and narrowing down stadium sites. I'm not ordering anything green yet, but we will see how this unfolds.

Apparently Oakland has flatly rejected the proposal that the club made for a new park there, which included a substantial club investment in the new stadium. Their complacency has already cost them the Raiders and the Warriors. The Athletics may soon follow.

Interesting how times change. Years ago, Reggie Jackson headed a group of investors who wanted to buy the A's and move them here. MLB flatly turned them down due to the stigma of legal gambling. As many have said, it isn't the legal stuff that they, or any other sports league, needed to be concerned about. Within a 3-5 year period, we may go from having no professional sports to having almost all of them covered.

One story that has gotten little attention, at least yet, is the sale of the Minnesota Timberwolves of the NBA. The purchase agreement allows the new owners to move the team. T-Mobile Arena was built to NHL and NBA specs, and it has long been considered a foregone conclusion that the NBA will set up shop here, either through expansion or relocation.

25 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No matter who moves to Vegas.  Golden Knights will still be #1.  It's weird how hockey is the one that has been universally embraced in the area.  

I'm pretty sure when the Raiders get to play in front of a packed stadium they will be completely embraced also, simply because of the amount of games they play there.

I am surprised that the Golden Knights have stayed as a fan favorite, and it has a lot to do with the fact that they kick ass.  I just have a feeling the Raiders will do well also.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

A's ownership seems to realize that, yet they keep scoping out and narrowing down stadium sites. I'm not ordering anything green yet, but we will see how this unfolds.

Apparently Oakland has flatly rejected the proposal that the club made for a new park there, which included a substantial club investment in the new stadium. Their complacency has already cost them the Raiders and the Warriors. The Athletics may soon follow.

Interesting how times change. Years ago, Reggie Jackson headed a group of investors who wanted to buy the A's and move them here. MLB flatly turned them down due to the stigma of legal gambling. As many have said, it isn't the legal stuff that they, or any other sports league, needed to be concerned about. Within a 3-5 year period, we may go from having no professional sports to having almost all of them covered.

One story that has gotten little attention, at least yet, is the sale of the Minnesota Timberwolves of the NBA. The purchase agreement allows the new owners to move the team. T-Mobile Arena was built to NHL and NBA specs, and it has long been considered a foregone conclusion that the NBA will set up shop here, either through expansion or relocation.

I am not buying anything green period!  I want to see the A's come to vegas so I don't have to drive down to Anaheim to watch Angel's play 

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No matter who moves to Vegas.  Golden Knights will still be #1.  It's weird how hockey is the one that has been universally embraced in the area.  

If you bring in a winner the city will embrace them.  Golden Knights were embraced because they won immediately.