• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Last Place

Hope Perry is willing to pull off a midseason shake up trade rather than Eppler who sat on his ass doing nothing while this team continued to fall out of the race, to then come out of hibernation to sell at the deadline.

16 minutes ago, mmc said:

Hope Perry is willing to pull off a midseason shake up trade rather than Eppler who sat on his ass doing nothing while this team continued to fall out of the race, to then come out of hibernation to sell at the deadline.

Trade MLB assets for MiLB prospects?

6 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Care to elaborate?

Some bad luck. Lots of injuries.  It happens.  It's only May 5. 

I'm not worried.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

My opinion is going to bother most, but what happened last year or “every fucking year” is about as relevant as 2002.   It is only relevant to our feelings. Different players, brought in my different leadership, so far same results. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My opinion is going to bother most, but what happened last year or “every fucking year” is about as relevant as 2002.   It is only relevant to our feelings. Different players, brought in my different leadership, so far same results. 

I guess it’s fair to ignore the past as there’s nothing we can do to change it and that’s probably sound advice for life in general.  It just sucks being a fan of a team that is consistently mediocre 

1 minute ago, Toby Flenderson said:

I guess it’s fair to ignore the past as there’s nothing we can do to change it and that’s probably sound advice for life in general.  It just sucks being a fan of a team that is consistently mediocre 

On the other hand, the one constant factor is ownership, and culture does start from the top

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We have been. 

Not when you keep signing FA pitchers or signing players to long term deals. Angels doing yearly patch work. Next year will be worse. I'm thinking about doing unthinkable and that's trade Trout. What will change in 2022? It will be of the same. Who's going to be in rotation in 2022, Ohtani, Canning and an over priced FA. It's time for drastic change. Halos not on the cusp of winning..

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

On the other hand, the one constant factor is ownership, and culture does start from the top

I agree with this. Someone had posted in a thread a week or two ago about the organization devoting very little to scouting and almost nothing to international scouting. I don’t know if that’s accurate (honestly, I don’t follow that stuff as close as others here) but if it is, it explains a lot and that’s the kind of stuff that is on Arte. If he isn’t willing to invest into the development side of the game then this team will never contend.