• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oscars

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Why should I give money and time to people that hate me UTH?

Why is this a question for me to answer ? I don’t care how you spend your entertainment money.  If you don’t like it.  Don’t watch and don’t buy.  Whatever, do you mang.  I gotta say tho, like what does “the sound of metal” or “the father” or “Minari” have to do with your politics.  Are you mad that you don’t like the people who made the movies ? I end up buying shit made by people I don’t like all the time.  Ce la vie or whatever.  

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Not really.  Just pointing out the times before it became all political.

I don’t understand why this matters to you. If you hate the Oscars so much why do you keep talking about it.  Are the oscars giving you a problem with something important.  I mean who gives a fuck.  

you can watch the dang movies and completely ignore the oscars.  That’s possible you know. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why is this a question for me to answer ? I don’t care how you spend your entertainment money.  If you don’t like it.  Don’t watch and don’t buy.  Whatever, do you mang.  I gotta say tho, like what does “the sound of metal” or “the father” or “Minari” have to do with your politics.  Are you mad that you don’t like the people who made the movies ? I end up buying shit made by people I don’t like all the time.  Ce la vie or whatever.  

I'm talking about getting preached at by the people at the Oscars. It's a huge turn off and it makes me not want to give Hollywood my business.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t understand why this matters to you. If you hate the Oscars so much why do you talking about it.  Are the oscars giving you a problem with something important.  I mean who gives a fuck.  

It's a political forum dude. People here talk about political things.

Just now, Lhalo said:

It's a political forum dude. People here talk about political things.

I think that this is a broad point that I try to make often.  IMO it speaks to something pretty pathetic.  It’s just culture war nonsense.  Like there’s nothing left to debate it seems like.  All the stuff that means anything is mostly settled.  Apparently immovable.  So we have bullshit like this.  Sucks.  

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I'm talking about getting preached at by the people at the Oscars. It's a huge turn off and it makes me not want to give Hollywood my business.

I think you should simply ignore the oscars. I did so happily.  And I saw most of the movies that were up ! Several of them were in fact, quite good.  Anyway, you can blissfully not be preached at.  I don’t think you should be preached at by Gwenyth Paltrow.  I agree that is lame. 

Intesting dynamic here where a topic is broached and the opposition demands that anyone who is in agreement with the Op shouldn't be vested at all in the subject. It's not even subtle. This is the liberal bias problem in America right now that stomps out any discussion about their own foibles and makes it the other sides personal problem and as such doesn't deserve their own grievence or opinion. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I like going to the movies.  

Some movies are really made for theaters and just don’t work quite as well at home. One of the better recent examples I can think of is Dunkirk. That’s a completely different experience in the theater vs at home.

1 hour ago, Don said:

Some movies are really made for theaters and just don’t work quite as well at home. One of the better recent examples I can think of is Dunkirk. That’s a completely different experience in the theater vs at home.

On top of that, it was a completely different experience in standard movie size vs 70 mm.