• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 California Recall Election

How are you voting in the recall?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How are you voting in the recall?

• “No” on recall
    • “Yes” on recall
  2. 2. Who are you voting for to replace him?

• Larry Elder
    • John Cox
    • Kevin Faulconer
    • Kevin Kylie
    • Caitlyn Jenner
    • Kevin Paffrath
    • Leaving this question blank
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you think Newsom will be recalled?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, cals said:

The other ones were like “you didn’t like that he fucked some chick” and “I hate the Giants and 49’ers”.  Not exactly things I needed to rebut.

How about how he fucked over all the kids in public school for the teacher’s union? That is the single issue getting most of my lib neighbors in LB to vote for the recall

1 minute ago, cals said:

Let me explain something:  People hate their kids. Mother’s can’t stand their kids for more than a couple of hours a day.  You force those bitches to figure out an alternative to free day care for a year and you’re going to have some pissed off bitches, political affiliation be damned. (Take note: @Taylor)

Should kids have been in school last year? Possibly.  Teachers and school staff should have been #1 on the vaccine priority list along with cops and healthcare workers, but they weren’t.  But they weren’t anywhere, not just CA.  And look what’s happening now, schools are going virtual again because (1) kids still can’t be vaxxed, (2) Dumbfuck teachers and staff that won’t vax and (3) Fuck face parents who send sick kids to school.  

But again, let’s be clear on one thing: Parents weren’t upset that closing schools was “affecting their kids”.  They were pissed they didn’t have free child care and pissed they had to spend more time with their shitty kids.  

Very true. I didn’t live in a poor neighborhood yet the parents would wait at bus stop for free lunches last year. Same parents send their kids to summer school while the wife sits at home all day on Facebook 

6 minutes ago, cals said:

Let me explain something:  People hate their kids. Mother’s can’t stand their kids for more than a couple of hours a day.  You force those bitches to figure out an alternative to free day care for a year and you’re going to have some pissed off bitches, political affiliation be damned. (Take note: @Taylor)

Should kids have been in school last year? Possibly.  Teachers and school staff should have been #1 on the vaccine priority list along with cops and healthcare workers, but they weren’t.  But they weren’t anywhere, not just CA.  And look what’s happening now, schools are going virtual again because (1) kids still can’t be vaxxed, (2) Dumbfuck teachers and staff that won’t vax and (3) Fuck face parents who send sick kids to school.  

But again, let’s be clear on one thing: Parents weren’t upset that closing schools was “affecting their kids”.  They were pissed they didn’t have free child care and pissed they had to spend more time with their shitty kids.  

Have you bought any of my Kids Ruin Everything merch line?

20 minutes ago, cals said:

Look KC, on the state level all I really care about is the workers comp system.  The more benefits injured workers get, the more money I make.  It’s that simple.  

In 2005 Schwarzenegger overhauled the system after Davis was recalled.  Benefits to injures workers were significantly lessened but the promise of massive savings passed on to the employer consumers (which Arnie campaigned on) was bullshit.  The insurance companies pocketed the savings and their profits skyrocketed.

In 2012 Jerry Brown, either out of corruption, stupidity or indifference was at the helm during another massive cut in injuried worker’s benefits.  This one was 10x worse than Schwarzenegger’s 2005 reforms.  And same outcome, promises of savings to consumers to help businesses was bullshit.  The insurance companies pocketed most of it.

And despite the organization that I’m part of that fights for injured workers’ rights in California trying to get Newsom to fix the system to at least the Schwarzenegger system level, he hasn’t done shit.  

All that said, if the system gets overhauled again, particularly by a Republican whose pockets are lined by the insurance industry, my system will be a wasteland for injured workers.  I’ll survive, I always do.  But God help those injured on the job in CA.

My one schadenfreude these days is telling my conservative leaning clients who can’t believe how badly they’ve being fucked over by the system, is that this is the system they voted for and there are repercussions for voting particular people in office, whether (R) or (D).

I don’t disagree and obviously don’t know workers  comp all that well. Arnold was horrible and killed any future chance for republicans. Hell I don’t blame you for voting for who benefits you. Just don’t understand how the others continue to vote for green energy illegals and high taxes which crush the middle class. 

I don't know why Cox isn't getting more support.  He's not a great candidate by any means but I would think name recognition alone from him being the Republican nominee in 2018, getting more than 4.7 million votes, would make him the frontrunner here.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

So you’re saying you like Cox?

No, I really don't particularly like any of them in all honesty.  A lot of them are able to point out what I (and other people) feel are issues with the state, however none of them have really actually stated their plans to fix anything.  It almost feels they didn't think they'd get this far.  I mostly just don't like Newsom and think California needs a shakeup in leadership.  I think this is by far the best chance to do it, as I expect Newsom to win again in 2022.  I won't be filling out the candidate spot until probably a week before the actual election because I'd like to see these people actually lay out their platforms.  Might even leave the candidate spot blank.  

Elder is who I like the most just because I think his messaging is able to reach a much wider audience than anyone else.  I really don't feel any energy to go out and vote for any candidate though, just removing Newsom.

37 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don't know why Cox isn't getting more support.  He's not a great candidate by any means but I would think name recognition alone from him being the Republican nominee in 2018, getting more than 4.7 million votes, would make him the frontrunner here.

Isn't he the one who was served a subpoena in the middle of a debate?

11 minutes ago, mmc said:

No, I really don't particularly like any of them in all honesty.  A lot of them are able to point out what I (and other people) feel are issues with the state, however none of them have really actually stated their plans to fix anything.  It almost feels they didn't think they'd get this far.  I mostly just don't like Newsom and think California needs a shakeup in leadership.  I think this is by far the best chance to do it, as I expect Newsom to win again in 2022.  I won't be filling out the candidate spot until probably a week before the actual election because I'd like to see these people actually lay out their platforms.  Might even leave the candidate spot blank.  

Elder is who I like the most just because I think his messaging is able to reach a much wider audience than anyone else.  I really don't feel any energy to go out and vote for any candidate though, just removing Newsom.

I don't understand the sentiment that Newsom would win re-election in 2022 but could be recalled in 2021. Different electorate? 

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't understand the sentiment that Newsom would win re-election in 2022 but could be recalled in 2021. Different electorate? 

Traditional election years bring out much higher turnout for the Democratic party is the main reason, coupled with the fact the covid will likely be even less of an issue to most people (which is probably people's biggest reason so far for wanting him out, and certainly what's driving the energy behind it).

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Traditional election years bring out much higher turnout for the Democratic party is the main reason, coupled with the fact the covid will likely be even less of an issue to most people (which is probably people's biggest reason so far, and certainly what's driving the energy behind it).

The 2020 election had record voter turnout and was during the heart of the pandemic. But your first reason could very well be true. The people who are in favor of recall are more passionate that  the people who are against it.

8 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I don’t disagree and obviously don’t know workers  comp all that well. Arnold was horrible and killed any future chance for republicans. Hell I don’t blame you for voting for who benefits you. Just don’t understand how the others continue to vote for green energy illegals and high taxes which crush the middle class. 

I’d ask my uncle. He filed for workers comp against 16 different employers in his life but he died from alcoholism 

8 hours ago, mmc said:

Because his advertisements have been egotistical pieces of crap.  That, and getting served a summons in the middle of a debate is not good optics.

16 hours ago, Taylor said:

Some info about the top-polling dude who is running as a Democrat:

Late reply but I don’t even think it’s this, it honestly just seems like an advertising campaign to promote his YouTube channel