• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 California Recall Election

How are you voting in the recall?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How are you voting in the recall?

• “No” on recall
    • “Yes” on recall
  2. 2. Who are you voting for to replace him?

• Larry Elder
    • John Cox
    • Kevin Faulconer
    • Kevin Kylie
    • Caitlyn Jenner
    • Kevin Paffrath
    • Leaving this question blank
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you think Newsom will be recalled?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Guess what California won’t be doing. 

USF researchers: Florida to reach COVID-19 peak surge next week, herd immunity Sept. 11

Computer modeling shows rapid move toward 90% of Floridians resistant to virus

https://www.wpbf.com/article/usf-researchers-florida-will-reach-peak-of-covid-surge-next-week-herd-immunity-sept-11/37342961#

Good for Florida. How many people had to die to get there?

The whole country could have reached herd immunity in May had people refused to listen to misinformation on Facebook.

8 minutes ago, cals said:

You have anxiety to such an extent that you can barely function in society but yet you would have rejected the vaccine and rolled the dice that’s killed 600,000 Americans?  And fuck those masks and other restrictions?  Basically the entire world is terrifying EXCEPT for the virus that’s upended our lives and killed scores?  Gotcha.  Makes perfect sense.

I don’t know what about any post I’ve made in the thread I made about anxiety makes you think I can “barely function in society”, but this post proves you don’t know too much about how it works.

You also apparently missed the part where I said I was medically advised against getting the vaccine, due to being hospitalized due to an anaphylactic allergic reaction a few years ago

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

This Newsom recall probably won't succeed.

But it shows that there is an angry minority in the state.

I thought it was better to just get out.

I doubt it will either, much more confident than before though.  Most recent poll only had “No” up by 4% points, and he has plenty of time to piss people off enough to make up that margin.  Course theres also enough time for his Democrat buddies to campaign enough to shift it the other way.  There’s also the fact that for a little while polls seem to have been slanted in favor of the Democrats so who knows how close it actually is.  Will be an interesting month for sure.

1 minute ago, cals said:

I don’t believe in most mental illness.  Did a quack tell you not to get the vaccine?  Maybe your chiropractor?

Have you ever once considered that other people not feeling the same way about you isn’t something you need to consistently get upset over?  And no, it was both my doctor and the paperwork I filled out when I went to go get my shot.

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

He's a fucking radio pundit. What a joke. 

Does this make you more or less qualified to be governor than being an actor?

4 minutes ago, cals said:

Don’t you geniuses understand that there is no way you would have supported the guy anyways, as long as he has a (D) next to his name.  Fuck sake, the only excuses you can give for voting yes is he’s a douchebag (which basically means he’s got great hair) and the pandemic restrictions that saved thousands of lives.  You’re either uninformed or just plain stupid.

I listed several reasons, but it’s incredibly convenient for you to throw out everything that doesn’t fit your narrative (which you’ve been doing this entire thread).  Apparently I’m the uninformed one though.

1 minute ago, cals said:

The other ones were like “you didn’t like that he fucked some chick” and “I hate the Giants and 49’ers”.  Not exactly things I needed to rebut.

So you don’t have an actual response as to why everything else I listed aren’t legitimate issues.  Got it.  

The fact that Newsom himself doesn’t either is why he even has a shot of being removed

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Have you ever once considered that other people not feeling the same way about you isn’t something you need to consistently get upset over?  And no, it was both my doctor and the paperwork I filled out when I went to go get my shot.

Does this make you more or less qualified to be governor than being an actor?

Less. Political radio hosts are pretty much bottom of the barrel. 

If Matthew McConaughey decided to run in the California recall I would even commit more voter fraud than usual to replace Newsom. I mean look at the man. Texas doesn't deserve him. 

2002.jpg

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Newsom and think he's an establishment douche. But I have felt like his governing during the pandemic has been strong, and the fact that the most populated state in the country is somewhat near the top for lowest case numbers per capita is proof of that.

Also, there's a governor race next year. IMO, it's a total waste of money (hundreds of millions of dollars) to potentially establish a one-year lame duck governor. 

Yes, Calolfornia and wasting money. But even if Newsom were totally incompetent, the time to oust him is next year. He also hasn't committed any impeachable offenses as far as I know.

Why are you voting yes?

Did the stupid train just arrive?  We had one of the worst outbreaks in the nation, with the most restrictive policies.  The delta variant has been ok so far.  But the fall is when it hit us last time, so this might just be the calm before the storm.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That the polls have it pretty much too close to call should be a wake up call to the dems that there are a lot of dems not happy with how the state is going.  What is the state, 70%-30% dem/rep?  That means there are 20% of them that aren't happy.

You pulled those numbers out of your ass. 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That the polls have it pretty much too close to call should be a wake up call to the dems that there are a lot of dems not happy with how the state is going.  What is the state, 70%-30% dem/rep?  That means there are 20% of them that aren't happy.

Well, Newsom won his election by 24% and the latest major poll, the CBS News one, has him up by 4, a 20 point drop.  Now how much of that is the disparity in voter apathy, and how much of it is people actually turning on Newsom, I have no idea, but either way, it certainly isn’t the “Republican recall” Newsom keeps framing it as

25 minutes ago, cals said:

Don’t you geniuses understand that there is no way you would have supported the guy anyways, as long as he has a (D) next to his name.  Fuck sake, the only excuses you can give for voting yes is he’s a douchebag (which basically means he’s got great hair) and the pandemic restrictions that saved thousands of lives.  You’re either uninformed or just plain stupid.

There are zero policies of Newsom’s that I support. No way on earth I’d ever vote for him or anyone that shares his policies 

For all the reasons there are to have issue with the Republican candidates, they are still way more notable than any Democrat who ran to oppose him. If anyone respectable on that side ran they’d probably win even if Newsom got removed.  Another sign they just never took it seriously enough.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Guess what California won’t be doing. 

USF researchers: Florida to reach COVID-19 peak surge next week, herd immunity Sept. 11

Computer modeling shows rapid move toward 90% of Floridians resistant to virus

https://www.wpbf.com/article/usf-researchers-florida-will-reach-peak-of-covid-surge-next-week-herd-immunity-sept-11/37342961#

9/11. Is this some kind of joke?