• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 California Recall Election

How are you voting in the recall?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How are you voting in the recall?

• “No” on recall
    • “Yes” on recall
  2. 2. Who are you voting for to replace him?

• Larry Elder
    • John Cox
    • Kevin Faulconer
    • Kevin Kylie
    • Caitlyn Jenner
    • Kevin Paffrath
    • Leaving this question blank
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you think Newsom will be recalled?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Tank said:

incorrect. they work for us, and we have the right to terminate their service if they fail to serve us well.

I agree, but the way it works in California is stupid. The fact that Newsom could lose the recall with 49% of "no" votes but the new governor could win with like 15% of the vote is very, very stupid.

At the very least, there should be a runoff with the top 2 or 3 candidates if one candidate doesn't get more than 50% of the vote.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree, but the way it works in California is stupid. The fact that Newsom could lose the recall with 49% of "no" votes but the new governor could win with like 15% of the vote is very, very stupid.

At the very least, there should be a runoff with the top 2 or 3 candidates if one candidate doesn't get more than 50% of the vote.

Especially if that person with the 15% is a talk radio host. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

that would spread out the recall & election over a longer period of time and cost more money. doubt anyone wants that to happen, especially since there have already been complaints about the cost of this one. 

i'm sure there's a better solution somewhere out there between what we're currently doing and what you suggested.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

that would spread out the recall & election over a longer period of time and cost more money. doubt anyone wants that to happen, especially since there have already been complaints about the cost of this one. 

i'm sure there's a better solution somewhere out there between what we're currently doing and what you suggested.

In what kind of democracy is it acceptable that a person could win an election with a fraction of the vote? If it were a Republican governor being recalled, how would you feel about some progressive SJW becoming governor just because they got the largest piece of a gigantic pie?

Over this whole process I’ve heard a lot of people complain about the recall process.  Weirdly I didn’t hear any of it until it became apparent Newsom might lose.  I’ve also heard no suggestions on how it should be changed.

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

Over this whole process I’ve heard a lot of people complain about the recall process.  Weirdly I didn’t hear any of it until it became apparent Newsom might lose.  I’ve also heard no suggestions on how it should be changed.

I did hear a lot of people talking about the cost a couple years ago, when the notion was first introduced.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

You know that feeling we get as Angel fans every year because they don’t win? That’s how it feels to be a conservative in California. The libs have control of everything over here 

You know how it feels to live in NH? We don't even know what the fuck we want. A Republican governor with two extremely conservative Dem senators.

We also have shitty beer and fuck all to do.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

You know how it feels to live in NH? We don't even know what the fuck we want. A Republican governor with two extremely conservative Dem senators.

We also have shitty beer and fuck all to do.

I will give California credit when it comes to alcohol. Loose laws and lots of good breweries