• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do the Angels really have 'no pitching'?

22 hours ago, Stradling said:

AJ's breakdown of teams winning it all in the last 15 years and where their pitchers rank as far as being an Ace should be required reading.  

Can you link that please?  Im not sure i read that and would like to if i havent.

To be fair, why should media and the alike assume otherwise?   It’s been year after year with SP pitching issues for the angels.  The improvements they made are not so dramatic to be obvious to an outsider.  Heck, they might not even be improvements (tbd).  We’ve had spring hopes before only to be shattered by injuries, suckage, etc.   Fact is, it’s time for the Angels pitching staff to prove the so-called pundits wrong.  The proof will be seen shortly.  

2 minutes ago, Fourts said:

To be fair, why should media and the alike assume otherwise?   It’s been year after year with SP pitching issues for the angels.  The improvements they made are not so dramatic to be obvious to an outsider.  Heck, they might not even be improvements (tbd).  We’ve had spring hopes before only to be shattered by injuries, suckage, etc.   Fact is, it’s time for the Angels pitching staff to prove the so-called pundits wrong.  The proof will be seen shortly.  

I mean if anyone actually believes Quintana isn’t an upgrade over what we got from Teheran last year then that’s on their ignorance.  

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I mean if anyone actually believes Quintana isn’t an upgrade over what we got from Teheran last year then that’s on their ignorance.  

They still gotta do it.

I don't think the notion is that they aren't possibly better but rather that the prevailing opinion that they don't have any pitching will remain until they prove otherwise...

Then the conversation will become can they repeat that good performance.

Doesn't help their cause that four SPs are pending FAs.

1 hour ago, Fourts said:

An outsider who's job it is to actually do a bit of digging and pay attention?  Or someone on twitter?  

They could just look and realize that our starting pitching will likely be middle of the pack.  Which is pretty much what most of us are saying it will be.  

I'll pay attention to the twits like I pay attention to @Tank.  

Shit.  I think I said that out loud.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

An outsider who's job it is to actually do a bit of digging and pay attention?  Or someone on twitter?  

They could just look and realize that our starting pitching will likely be middle of the pack.  Which is pretty much what most of us are saying it will be.  

I'll pay attention to the twits like I pay attention to @Tank.  

Shit.  I think I said that out loud.  

man, you nailed it and i totally - hey wait a minute!

we have some one year contract guys - so our rotation is sort of glued together - a little scotch tape maybe some duct tape repair by mid-season.  We DO have a legitimate closer for the first time probably since K-Rod - although a few have filled the bill with some success since K-Rod but nothing has come close to the now decade plus ago set-up / closer team of Scot Shields and Troy Percival - those guys used to shorten the games to six/ seven innings.

Look at the AL West -- is it that tough - Houston the favorite. Oakland always plays tough - not sure what happened to Texas lately. Seattle - for some reason - gets good players and signing and finish out of the money.

Angels need a break out year from one of our starters - Canning or Ohtani would be the ones to watch for that.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Bundy for sure needs to be re-signed.

Then hopefully either Cobb or Quintana is solid enough to re-sign to a two year deal.

Those two plus Ohtani plus Canning plus Detmers plus CRod with tandems Barria/Sandoval doesn’t look too bad for 2022-2023.

Add Syndegaard to that rotation (and maybe another lock-down arm in the bull-pen) and this team is a contender.