• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread: Angels @ Giants 2/28/2021

jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I don’t think I’m ever gonna trust Adell at the plate or in the outfield. 

He just screams Justin Upton to me.

Do you mean 2020 Upton? 

Because for his career, Upton is a 4-time All Star, 3-time Silver Slugger with 34 WAR... at this point, I'd be beyond thrilled if Adell does that.

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I like Gerardo Reyes' approach to pitching. High effort, doesn't hide the fact that he's going to try and overpower the hitter. Here's my 97 mph fastball with movement. See if you can hit it.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Perfect timing. To be fair, when you're hucking the ball in at 97 with no sense of mechanics in your first ST appearance, you're asking for it.

Looks like you pivoted on Reyes.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Nah, he needs to be better than Upton. Upton is not a HOFer. The way Adell has been talked up, it would be a disappointment if all we get is Justin Upton.

I hope this is sarcasm. I've been getting back into posting a little more as the season has approached. I might need to take another break.

Sorry people but I have higher expectations for Adell. If you want to settle for Upton, that's your choice but I expect him to be MUCH better. Upton was not as talked up as Adell. Adell needs to become a superstar 4-5 WAR player every year to live up to his expectations. I'm expecting a Mookie Betts.

Just now, Second Base said:

I suppose I understand that. Maybe he's too streaky or maybe he doesn't come through in clutch situations. 

Exactly. He’s gonna be good but I don’t think he’s gonna be good under pressure. He’s gonna be one of those stat padders when there is no pressure.