• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread: Angels @ Giants 2/28/2021

jsnpritchett

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Sorry people but I have higher expectations for Adell. If you want to settle for Upton, that's your choice but I expect him to be MUCH better. Upton was not as talked up as Adell. Adell needs to become a superstar 4-5 WAR player every year to live up to his expectations. I'm expecting a Mookie Betts.

Upton was the #1 overall pick and at one point was the #2 prospect in all of baseball.  Wtf are you talking about?

Edited by jsnpritchett

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Sorry people but I have higher expectations for Adell. If you want to settle for Upton, that's your choice but I expect him to be MUCH better. Upton was not as talked up as Adell. Adell needs to become a superstar 4-5 WAR player every year to live up to his expectations.

Upton was the number high school player in the nation. He was drafted in 2005 out of high school, then immediately the number 7 overall prospect in 2006 and number 8 overall prospect in 2007 (according to MLB Pipeline) and made his major league debut at the age of 19 so I definitely doubt Upton was not as talked up as Adell.

Edited by rafibomb

18 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I don’t think I’m ever gonna trust Adell at the plate or in the outfield. 

He just screams Justin Upton to me.

13 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Nah, he needs to be better than Upton. Upton is not a HOFer. The way Adell has been talked up, it would be a disappointment if all we get is Justin Upton.

You guys are smoking something. If Jo Adell is anything close to Justin Upton he can hang his hat on having a solid career.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 1.55.17 PM.png

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Upton was the #1 overall pick and at one point was the #2 prospect in all of baseball.  Wtf are you talking about?

Again, number 1 pick is pretty meaningless because a lot of them turn out to be disappointments. Wasn't Adell the number 1 prospect in baseball at one time? So you are telling me Adell is not even supposed to be as good as Upton? WTF is the big deal about him then?

Just now, beatlesrule said:

Again, number 1 pick is pretty meaningless because a lot of them turn out to be disappointments. Wasn't Adell the number 1 prospect in baseball at one time? So you are telling me Adell is not even supposed to be as good as Upton? WTF is the big deal about him then?

The purpose of his reply was the fact that you said Adell wasn't talked up like Upton but he was. No need to pivot into something else just because you are wrong lol

No, Adell was not the the #1 prospect in baseball.  

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Was referring to you dismissively saying Upton wasn't "talked up" as much.  That's just demonstrably false. (And, no,  Adell wasn't the #1 prospect overall, at least on any list I'm aware of. )

Edited by jsnpritchett

My expectations are a Mookie Betts type BECAUSE Adell is being talked up big time. If Upton was being touted as possibly the best 5 tool player ever, he has been a massive disappointment. Dude won't even make it to the HOF so he did not live up to expectations and all those scouts were wrong by a lot. I am hoping the same thing doesn't happen to Adell.

My expectations are a Mookie Betts type BECAUSE Adell is being talked up big time. If Upton was being touted as possibly the best 5 tool player ever, he has been a massive disappointment. Dude won't even make it to the HOF so he did not live up to expectations and all those scouts were wrong by a lot. I am hoping the same thing doesn't happen to Adell.

So your standard is Hall of Famer or bust.  That is awesome.  

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You guys are smoking something. If Jo Adell is anything close to Justin Upton he can hang his hat on having a solid career.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 1.55.17 PM.png

I never said that it’s a bad thing that he’s gonna be like Justin Upton. I’m just never gonna trust him in big situations, like Justin Upton.