• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USA Today's panel projects 82-80 record, 3rd place for Angels

jsnpritchett

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The Cobb and Fowler additions dropped the win projection by two wins -- it was like adding Bauer in reverse.

Sun Tsu always preached doing what your enemy doesnt expect you to do. This might be some high level chess we're playing.

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

Just an add to this, i think Maddon and the whole front office see Fowler and anyone else as stop gaps. 
They have openly said Adell needs a little more time, i think we all agree with this, but i cant imagine any scenario where if he is tearing it up they keep him down.
OR, and no one wants to hear this, they are dangling him for the front line SP we all want.

It'd be foolish for them to trade Adell now. His stock is really low, and teams aren't going to be satisfied with him as the only main piece in a trade like they might have when 2020's prospect lists were released. There are now questions about his ability not only to hit, but to field. Which is something everyone thought would be a strength of his--his fielding and his arm. But on full display last year were his terrible routes, judgments, and his phantom canon that threw mid-high 90s in high school. It's not a matter of what we think about him, but the Rockies aren't going to hand over Marquez for him and filler, and the Reds aren't going to give up Castillo for him either. 

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

It'd be foolish for them to trade Adell now. His stock is really low, and teams aren't going to be satisfied with him as the only main piece in a trade like they might have when 2020's prospect lists were released. There are now questions about his ability not only to hit, but to field. Which is something everyone thought would be a strength of his--his fielding and his arm. But on full display last year were his terrible routes, judgments, and his phantom canon that threw mid-high 90s in high school. It's not a matter of what we think about him, but the Rockies aren't going to hand over Marquez for him and filler, and the Reds aren't going to give up Castillo for him either. 

I wasnt suggesting they do, just making observation about options.

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats not true, jerk!

(Takes a step back.... realizes pujols was basically a rookie that year.... knows pujols is high risk for covid due to age now..... remembers GA having gray hair last time I saw him on tv.... realizes we hadnt even been to Iraq yet... starts to cry.... drinks my ensure....)

I find my daily ensure is improved with a 75:25 mix of Jameson's  (your choice which is "75") and if you're feeling fancy, maybe some Bailey's Irish Cream.  

That's breakfast - then for lunch ... 

Life's getting kinda weird when you actually start listening to ads for Florida "adult living" communities ... 

8 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Adell's stock is probably only low among some of the AW faithful.  I think most front office types probably value him pretty highly.

I'd say a fair number of FO saw how bad he was last year and don't believe he will be a superstar anymore. His tools suggest he has the potential, but he is a risky prospect. And the small sample size last year undoubtedly cast some doubts on his hit tool--not his power or speed, just his ability to hit above .260 and not K 170 times. 

I still love him and think he will be great. Point is his stock went down across the league from 1 year ago today. Not tanked, just went down. 

47 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Adell's stock is probably only low among some of the AW faithful.  I think most front office types probably value him pretty highly.

I think he still has a lot of value but his stock has dropped since last year at this time. If they ever were considering on trading him, I think that window has now closed 

1 hour ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Life's getting kinda weird when you actually start listening to ads for Florida "adult living" communities ... 

I accepted that i was no longer young when i stopped listening to music in the car, and switched to talk radio.

AM talk radio. Not even cool podcasts. 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I accepted that i was no longer young when i stopped listening to music in the car, and switched to talk radio.

There's something other than "AM" on my car radio?  Does a podcast come on 8-track tape?  

ugh - I just remembered - "vacuum tube" testers in stores ... 

F**k, I'm old ... 

On 2/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same. A lady friend (12 years younger) offered to put me on her account for some kind of music-streaming app. (I had never heard of it and don’t remember the name, which is par for the course here.)

I told her “no thanks; I listen to AM radio in the car and podcasts when I work out.” I realize how old that sounded when it came out, but, I mean, it’s true. 

58 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Yeah, maturity is overrated- while I might've aged a few years this past year - few chances to be immature - roller coasters, punk concerts, weird t-shirts, good bourbon and dive bars keep me young-ish 

Work in some off color jokes amongst groups of people who havent laughed in years. Watch some bobcat goldwaith movies. Eat lots of canned chilli, and only use plastic spoons so you dont have to wash them after.

Way cheaper than those expensive wrinkle creams women pay money for, and just as effective 

52 minutes ago, Justin said:

Same. A lady friend (12 years younger) offered to put me on her account for some kind of music-streaming app. (I had never heard of it and don’t remember the name, which is par for the course here.)

I told her “no thanks; I listen to AM radio in the car and podcasts when I work out.” I realize how old that sounded when it came out, but, I mean, it’s true. 

It literally is the part where you realize youre old. 

And when youre around younger coworkers, and they talk about video games, and you brag about how badass you were at street fighter 2, and they all kind of just stare at you.

Also when you routinely start arguments with people about how much better the nba was in the 90s. How chris mullin was a better outside shooter for the warriors than steph curry is. 

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And when youre around younger coworkers, and they talk about video games, and you brag about how badass you were at street fighter 2, and they all kind of just stare at you.

Also when you routinely start arguments with people about how much better the nba was in the 90s. How chris mullin was a better outside shooter for the warriors than steph curry is. 

I was okay at Street Fighter 2 but I went to school with a lot of Asian kids who - I was certain - practiced SF2 for at least 12 hours each day. Because even on my best day, I could not beat them. 

But NBA Jam? I’m not sure I ever lost. Seattle and Shawn Kemp was my go-to. 

Just now, Justin said:

I was okay at Street Fighter 2 but I went to school with a lot of Asian kids who - I was certain - practiced SF2 for at least 12 hours each day. Because even on my best day, I could not beat them. 

I used to hang out at the 7-11, kind of away from the crowd playing SF... not wanting to lose my one quarter to quick.

Then theyd leave.... id walk up, put in my quarter and try to learn how to play the stupid thing.

And like clockwork, a like 7 year old that fled the khmer rouge would pop out of the bucket of now n laters, slam his quarter, and would know how to use blancos shock thing with like ryu, or could do chun lis machine gun kick with e honda.

And my quarter was gone forever.

Sean Kemp was the man. 

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I used to hang out at the 7-11, kind of away from the crowd playing SF... not wanting to lose my one quarter to quick.

Then theyd leave.... id walk up, put in my quarter and try to learn how to play the stupid thing.

And like clockwork, a like 7 year old that fled the khmer rouge would pop out of the bucket of now n laters, slam his quarter, and would know how to use blancos shock thing with like ryu, or could do chun lis machine gun kick with e honda.

And my quarter was gone forever.

Sean Kemp was the man. 

Image result for what was that gif

Wha the hell was that?

Edited by T.G.

23 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Work in some off color jokes amongst groups of people who havent laughed in years. Watch some bobcat goldwaith movies. Eat lots of canned chilli, and only use plastic spoons so you dont have to wash them after.

Way cheaper than those expensive wrinkle creams women pay money for, and just as effective 

I make great chilis - if I do say so myself - so, can't really stoop to the canned chili.  Although, to be fair, I often eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon.

Funny, though, I didn't use a dishwasher for years - that was for lazy people who couldn't properly wash dishes with blistering hot water - so, the dishwasher just sat there, slowly rusting and going silently insane.  

Couple years ago, I redid my kitchen, put in a Bosch, and now I pretty much run a cycle whenever I get more than two dirty spoons.  

I've become extraordinarily lazy - won't be much longer before I pay someone to cut my grass ...

1 minute ago, DCAngelsFan said:

I make great chilis - if I do say so myself - so, can't really stoop to the canned chili.  Although, to be fair, I often eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon.

Funny, though, I didn't use a dishwasher for years - that was for lazy people who couldn't properly wash dishes with blistering hot water - so, the dishwasher just sat there, slowly rusting and going silently insane.  

Couple years ago, I redid my kitchen, put in a Bosch, and now I pretty much run a cycle whenever I get more than two dirty spoons.  

I've become extraordinarily lazy - won't be much longer before I pay someone to cut my grass ...

Image result for lazy gif