• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Juan Lagares to a minor league deal

mmc

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

@Chuckster70you can tag me with Debbie Downer, but I'm just being honest and answering a previous post.  i don't hate the signing.  Just saying it's kind of a whatever. 

You just rarely like any signing or trade it seems, but whatever. 

I don't think this guy is going to be a savior or anything, hell he got a minor league deal. But he's a good 4th outfielder option and if something changed with his bat based off his winter ball performance (doubtful, but who knows?) he could be a solid platoon guy with Fowler in RF until Marsh or Adell are ready. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

You just rarely like any signing or trade it seems, but whatever. 

I don't think this guy is going to be a savior or anything, hell he got a minor league deal. But he's a good 4th outfielder option and if something changed with his bat based off his winter ball performance (doubtful, but who knows?) he could be a solid platoon guy with Fowler in RF until Marsh or Adell are ready. 

Sorry that I don't meet your standards for how I should react to signings and trades. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Sorry that I don't meet your standards for how I should react to signings and trades. 

I welcome objectivity and wholeheartedly appreciate it here. If we all loved everything that the team did there would be no room for discussion really. 

Maybe I'm wrong about how I perceive your takes here, but I just don't recall you ever getting excited or post a positive comment about the team or moves here. 

But to be fair, there have been more swings and misses than home runs on acquisitions over the past decade. 

Should be a battle for the 4th OF spot with Ward, Schebler and Lagares. Ward comes in with the most upside, the best bat and most versatility and likely the front runner. Lagares is the best defender, and on a team without a clear cut back up CF, that carries a lot of weight. There's also bound to be some intrigue based on his winter performance. You can't fake that. Schebler comes in with the most power, and Minasian likes him, which is it a definite advantage. 

But there's a lot moving parts here. Upton may have already had his dead cat bounce, and if that's the case, two of these guys will make the team. Or Dexter Fowler's adjustments he's made in the off-season may minimize the need for a platoon partner which hurts Ward's chances.