• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols and Hamilton Need the DL

I feels sorry for Arte.  He invested in some heavy fireworks that have been sitting in the mortars having yet to be ignited because they're ailing.  Pujols with the Plantar and Hamilton with the back flaring up on him.  You can just tell both of them are without that necessary flexibility to do the damage they were bought to do.  The injury bug frustrates but it's time to take them down and invest in that time for them to heal. 

They might actually hold the fort well until P&H have invested the time regain, now that the pitching has strengthened with Williams moved to the bullpen and maybe Madson around the corner.  That's looking like a deep area for them all of a sudden, nice intangibles and versatility forming with it. 

Re-call Jimenez, put Trumbo at 1B.  Call up Calhoun for RF.  DH Conger (who can switch). 

If Sciosh doesn't demand they go on the DL, then maybe Arte should address it personally with them about it.  I commend theyr'e valient, but an ailing player is not obligated to grind by their salaries, but they are to protect own asset from further damage.    

I keep saying it Pujols needs to be on the minimum 15 day DL. He needs to get some rest for that foot because it's only going to get worse with him playing on it. I mean you only have what 8 more years of his contract?

As for the great Ham-bino I almost wish he'd take some time at AAA and get this swing refined. Or at least take a golf club instead of a bat and he just might have more success when chasing those low balls. He has a mental thing going on and needs to get his confidence back.

What is the worse thing that can happen? You win some games without them? 

I keep saying it Pujols needs to be on the minimum 15 day DL. He needs to get some rest for that foot because it's only going to get worse with him playing on it. I mean you only have what 8 more years of his contract?

As for the great Ham-bino I almost wish he'd take some time at AAA and get this swing refined. Or at least take a golf club instead of a bat and he just might have more success when chasing those low balls. He has a mental thing going on and needs to get his confidence back.

What is the worse thing that can happen? You win some games without them?

Hamilton's being interviewed at 7am on MLBradio tomorrow. He'll probably tell them his back has been killing him because it has. It's as if he's swinging with a back brace right now, stiff as a board, hardly any flexibility.

Hamilton's being interviewed at 7am on MLBradio tomorrow. He'll probably tell them his back has been killing him because it has. It's as if he's swinging with a back brace right now, stiff as a board, hardly any flexibility.

I'm thinking in that case he might need the 15 day DL as well. It does no good to have Hamilton and Pujols hitting while both are hurting like this. It's not helping the team at all. How long will this be allowed to go on?

I have a hard time feeling bad for billionaires who make bad investments. We can only hope that Arte has learned his lesson and will keep out of making baseball decisions, which he's clearly bad at.

But you wouldn't be saying that if it wasn't such an aberration between 2 of the game's best sluggers.  I'm shocked, the sports world is, and it's been like drowning within an endless nightmare that combination hasn't produced for even the slightest to team run production up to this point.  Such an aberration, though, is a symptom with ailment. 

I knew it was the case with Matt Kemp of watching him swing in the box against the Halos, and he went on the DL after the 3rd game. 

Pujols and Ham do themselves a world of good to take the time off to rejuvenate, and Arte is valiant if he were to insist that they do.   

I'm thinking in that case he might need the 15 day DL as well. It does no good to have Hamilton and Pujols hitting while both are hurting like this. It's not helping the team at all. How long will this be allowed to go on?

How long will this be allowed to go on?

On and off for the next 8.5 years for Pujols and 4.5 more years of the same for Hamilton.