• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Snell to the Padres

6 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

According to MLB Pipeline, Patino (RHP)  is ranked 2, Cole Wilcox (RHP) is ranked 7 and Blake Hunt (C) is ranked 14 in the Padres system.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Is This is the equivalent of Adell, Detmers, CRod and Jack Kruger?

No idea. One of the prospect guys (or all of them) want to weigh in on this? I'm also curious how this compares to what we'd likely be giving up. Snell seems like he'd be one of the more valuable trade chips on the market. 

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

No idea. One of the prospect guys (or all of them) want to weigh in on this? I'm also curious how this compares to what we'd likely be giving up. Snell seems like he'd be one of the more valuable trade chips on the market. 

Maybe a bit less than what I said above. We don’t have two high quality arms like that in the upper part of the system, so you’d think Detmers is a bit higher ranked than the guys they gave up. But maybe Sandoval Instead of Detmers and that’s pretty Close.

The angels were never going to be able to compete on snell if a team like the Padres or many others were involved.  And to the extent that they could have.  They shouldn’t.  The angels don’t have the farm system to accommodate this kind of thing without seriously damaging their ability to develop players in the near and mid term.  Which is why we have the decade of dog shit ongoing.  Good that the Padres got him.  A team that literally doesn’t matter to the Angels.  

the angels need to spend to get pitching.  That’s it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think Angels are faves for Bauer. But downside is I think Arte caps the money after that, thinking we’ll be in good shape with an ace added, when we need much more than one good arm.

#TheHaloWay

Much more?  I guess I don’t look at a bullpen arm, a 4th outfielder a back up catcher and a trade for a starter as being too difficult to come by and stay inside a budget.

Just now, totdprods said:

I think Angels are faves for Bauer. But downside is I think Arte caps the money after that, thinking we’ll be in good shape with an ace added, when we need much more than one good arm.

#TheHaloWay

Yes and no. 
I think he's given a lot more trust to Minasian then we've seen with any other GM he's hired so far. Minasian might be the one to make him think we can get Bauer and possibly make another trade for another arm. 

I know we always say it... but..... maybe Arte can afford to push budget this year with Pujols dropping off next year. 

Only concern now is what's Castillo's asking price based on what the Rays just got.