• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Snell to the Padres

18 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yes and no. 
I think he's given a lot more trust to Minasian then we've seen with any other GM he's hired so far. Minasian might be the one to make him think we can get Bauer and possibly make another trade for another arm. 

I know we always say it... but..... maybe Arte can afford to push budget this year with Pujols dropping off next year. 

Only concern now is what's Castillo's asking price based on what the Rays just got. 

Depends if we take contract back.

For once, I don't see the Dodgers in on Bauer. They've got a huge payroll and plenty of young budding stars to pay in the near future. I think it comes down to the Angels and the Mets. Arte knows he needs to put pitching around Trout and Rendon. It has to happen now. 

42 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

Man, the Padres have a great stadium, In a cool city with loads of bars and places to go before and after games, a team that is fun to watch and should be a contender. Sometimes, I think I may have followed the wrong team. Oh well.

That's why you need to have an NL team and an AL team. I've been a Padres fan since 2004. Suffered through some years for sure, but being a fan of the Angels in the 1990's and 2010's, it isn't anything unfamiliar.

wow that's a steep price to pay. 

Patino has Ace like stuff and the Ray's will most likely get  Ace like production.

Wilcox was projected to be a top 10 pick, with front of the rotation stuff and another potential top 100 prospect. 

hunt seems to have solid ceiling aswell.

My biggest concerns with Snell is his inability to stay healthy and going deep into games. I think it's a risk the Padres took, could have gone after Castillo.

there system is going to take a hit and they already lost Clev.

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Watch Dodgers get Bauer

Everything Bauer could want, they offer. So-Cal, winner, analytical, outside the box thinkers, wads of cash to throw at any target of their choosing and a metric ton of prospects that they can either trade for anything they may need, or to develop into anything they may ever need for cheap. 

I mean let's face it, if Bauer doesn't sign with the Dodgers, either...

A. It's a YUGE upset.

B. Some other team offered a very unwise amount of money (think Gerrit Cole and NY). 

7 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Everything Bauer could want, they offer. So-Cal, winner, analytical, outside the box thinkers, wads of cash to throw at any target of their choosing and a metric ton of prospects that they can either trade for anything they may need, or to develop into anything they may ever need for cheap. 

I mean let's face it, if Bauer doesn't sign with the Dodgers, either...

A. It's a YUGE upset.

B. Some other team offered a very unwise amount of money (think Gerrit Cole and NY). 

Why would the Dodgers offer that? Seriously, try to formulate a reason. I'll wait. 

11 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Why would the Dodgers offer that? Seriously, try to formulate a reason. I'll wait. 

First of all, you sound like an idiot. Don't conclude your response with, "I'll wait."

It doesn't make you sound smart or cool, so just stop.

And to answer your question, do you mean why would LA offer a contract to Bauer?

I mean, why does a racecar driver drive fast?

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

First of all, you sound like an idiot. Don't conclude your response with, "I'll wait."

It doesn't make you sound smart or cool, so just stop.

And to answer your question, do you mean why would LA offer a contract to Bauer?

I mean, why does a racecar driver drive fast?

Oh, I am an idiot. No arguments there. Don't even get me started. 

Yet, for some reason, in dealing with an idiot, you still didn't answer the question except to treat it as ridiculous. It isn't. There is zero reason for the Dodgers to make that move at this time. And I'm certain you can't make a compelling argument otherwise.