• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTradeRumors 2020 Non-tender Candidates

totdprods

Camargo would be a nice choice but I also kinda wonder if Camargo would want to come play for Minasian who by his own admission, was instrumental in bringing Donaldson to ATL causing Camargo to lose his job.  

Camargo was a really solid hitter a couple years ago with regular at bats and if you believe the metrics, an avg to slightly above defender at 2b, 3b.  Ok at SS (prob a bit below avg) and has even capably played both corner OF spots.   I'm on board.  

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Camargo would be a nice choice but I also kinda wonder if Camargo would want to come play for Minasian who by his own admission, was instrumental in bringing Donaldson to ATL causing Camargo to lose his job.  

Camargo was a really solid hitter a couple years ago with regular at bats and if you believe the metrics, an avg to slightly above defender at 2b, 3b.  Ok at SS (prob a bit below avg) and has even capably played both corner OF spots.   I'm on board.  

This is true, but also, Atlanta had the option of supplanting Camargo with Josh Donaldson. That would be like the Angels replacing Stassi with Realmuto...not a necessity, but if the money is there and the interest is there, you do it - hypothetically speaking. I’m not really big on Realmuto.

Of course, entirely possible Minasian isn’t that high on Camargo, but he also might see him as a player in Atlanta without a clear role and while choosing Donaldson over him then was a no-brainer, it could be the other way around now, perhaps seeing Camargo as a no-brainer over Barreto, or if he has an intent on dealing Jones, Thaiss, or Rengifo for pitching.

6 hours ago, totdprods said:

This is true, but also, Atlanta had the option of supplanting Camargo with Josh Donaldson. That would be like the Angels replacing Stassi with Realmuto...not a necessity, but if the money is there and the interest is there, you do it - hypothetically speaking. I’m not really big on Realmuto.

Of course, entirely possible Minasian isn’t that high on Camargo, but he also might see him as a player in Atlanta without a clear role and while choosing Donaldson over him then was a no-brainer, it could be the other way around now, perhaps seeing Camargo as a no-brainer over Barreto, or if he has an intent on dealing Jones, Thaiss, or Rengifo for pitching.

Dude has done nothing to be in a conversation even up against a possible non-tender like Camargo.... What did he show you Post trade, earlier in the Covid shortened season, or previous Big League seasons that he will do anything remotely better than be a 4AAAA player? Awesome career slash line... .175   .207   .342    Barreto has a better chance of being outright released for the next SPT pitching peanut.

45 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Dude has done nothing to be in a conversation even up against a possible non-tender like Camargo.... What did he show you Post trade, earlier in the Covid shortened season, or previous Big League seasons that he will do anything remotely better than be a 4AAAA player? Awesome career slash line... .175   .207   .342    Barreto has a better chance of being outright released for the next SPT pitching peanut.

???

The point of my post was Minasian might want someone like Camargo instead of Barreto, especially if Jones or Rengifo are in trade talks.

20 hours ago, Trendon said:

I have to imagine that Key's Twitter/social media comments got some attention from the organization.

A number of fans were livid at him, and criticizing your fanbase isn't a good look, regardless of whether it's deserved or not (and in this case, I don't think it's deserved). Over 3 million Angels fans have showed up to the stadium to support the team for the past 17 straight seasons before 2020. Even when they were terrible from 2016-2019. Yet he still goes on social media and trashes the team's fans? He ended up deleting his twitter account, and I wonder if the Angels had input in that.

Speaking of which - I just looked at his Facebook account, and he describes himself as "Former pitcher at Los Angeles Angels".