• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chicken Sandwich

Adam

My second job as a teen (first was being a Carny at the county fair) was at Chick-Fil-A. First day on the job I was in charge of opening up boxes of frozen chicken breasts, and separating/opening the breasts that are stuck together (hi TDawg). I did this for an hour every day for the first couple weeks I worked there. I hated having frostbit hands and then the smell of partially-frozen raw chicken. 

But damn, were the chicken sandwiches good, and waffle fries too. 

After the two weeks, I moved up to washing lettuces, and then on to the french fryer. Never made assistant manager, though. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

As for chicken sandwiches, I still have yet to find anything that beats Chik-fil-a. The Habit has something called The Golden Chicken sandwich which is beyond solid. They use some kind of spicy aloe that puts it over the top. Still need to try the Popeyes one.

I was disappointed with the Habit's version; the batter did not adhere to the chicken at all, so I ended up with a chicken breast sandwich with most of the batter on the plate.

The Popeyes sandwich was really good, although I only had it once, as Popeyes is not convenient to me.

I tend to stick with Chick-fil-A, simply because it's reliable and relatively close by. 

Almost a decade ago, Church's Chicken came out with a "Southern Style Chicken Sandwich" that was the best fast food fried chicken sandwich I've ever had, and it was only $1.99. Two weeks ago, they released their new entry into the fried chicken sandwich wars, and it is good, but it is not nearly as good as the sandwich from a decade ago, and, at five bucks, more than twice the price. However, when I go to Church's, I can load up on their creamy jalapeño sauce, which is probably my favorite fast food condiment.  

2 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

My second job as a teen (first was being a Carny at the county fair) was at Chick-Fil-A. First day on the job I was in charge of opening up boxes of frozen chicken breasts, and separating/opening the breasts that are stuck together (hi TDawg). I did this for an hour every day for the first couple weeks I worked there. I hated having frostbit hands and then the smell of partially-frozen raw chicken. 

But damn, were the chicken sandwiches good, and waffle fries too. 

After the two weeks, I moved up to washing lettuces, and then on to the french fryer. Never made assistant manager, though. 

this you, ADB?

fast times at ridgemont high comedy GIF by IFC

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

I want to try this one. Love the story and how diligent they are with their beans.

When the company first came out 5 or 6 years ago the coffee was not all that good. They have dramatically improved their quality and taste and it's all I drink at home anymore. They have a pretty wide variety of roasts but I prefer the medium and dark roast stuff. 

On 11/13/2020 at 4:12 PM, tdawg87 said:

Whenever anyone says they pick out notes of "chocolate" or "cherry" in their cup of black coffee I just assume they're retarded.

I assume the same when I see reviews from cigar magazines, and people claim to pick out a number of different flavors in cigars that are not flavor-infused. There seems to be a considerable amount of one-upsmanship. I saw one review that touted "notes of leather". What in the hell does leather taste like?

9 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I assume the same when I see reviews from cigar magazines, and people claim to pick out a number of different flavors in cigars that are not flavor-infused. There seems to be a considerable amount of one-upsmanship. I saw one review that touted "notes of leather". What in the hell does leather taste like?

Heh. You guys should see my beer reviews. I'm definitely a hypocrite. 

I just... cannot taste anything but coffee...when I drink coffee. It's bitter and chalky. And I've had more than just Dunkys or Folgers. 

But we all have different palates and I think we're all slaves to the power of suggestion. For beer, if I see someone saying they taste pineapple, then I'll probably taste pineapple. I guess it just depends on what you like. I only drink coffee for the caffeine and it's loaded with cream and sugar.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Heh. You guys should see my beer reviews. I'm definitely a hypocrite. 

I just... cannot taste anything but coffee...when I drink coffee. It's bitter and chalky. And I've had more than just Dunkys or Folgers. 

But we all have different palates and I think we're all slaves to the power of suggestion. For beer, if I see someone saying they taste pineapple, then I'll probably taste pineapple. I guess it just depends on what you like. I only drink coffee for the caffeine and it's loaded with cream and sugar.

This you?

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

For wine you can actually make a good living for being a legit wine master  sommelier in places like Vegas or New York city. There's a pretty good documentary about these dudes. They can take a sip of wine and pick out what region and year the grapes are from.

Edited by st1ckboy

On 11/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

lol, damn right. My motto was also, "I shall serve no fries before their time"

Reminds me of my high school job. I worked at a Philly cheesesteak place in the mall food court. It was late and slow.

Some middle aged dude walk right up, as there was no line, and is just a proper c*nt from the get go. Everything is negative or not to his liking......just an ornery asshole that wants to make others miserable like him.

Dude orders a simple combo meal of a sandwich, fries, and a drink. I have my routine down and finish his order. It’s like Subway, so they sit in front of you and usually watch and make suggestions which is cool.

I give this dude his order and it’s perfect, but he complains about the fries not being cooked enough which was bogus and just being an asshole. Again, the customer can see behind the counter and I take his same fries, dump them in the fryer for a minute, take them out and give them back to him with that condescending smile and a “here ya go” as he has this dumbfounded look on his face and asks for the manager. I tell him I am the manager, but he wants to speak to a higher up that is there.

My regional manager or whatever his title is comes out and does the apologetic thing....new fries, some kind of discount coupon for his next visit, etc. The customer talks some shit as he’s just incredulous.

He leaves and my boss asks what happened. I tell him the guy is a c*nt and wasting good fries just to be an asshole. He gives me the “customer is always right” speech then just starts laughing his ass off. He can’t believe I was just blatant about the dude and his fries. I don’t even get a warning or slap on the wrist as it was too funny to him.

The world of fast food ladies and gentlemen.