• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tony La Russa is named new manager of the White Sox

rafibomb

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

The better team wins ya I would bet on that. Especially in a 7 game series. Which would you bet on best team or better manager? 

All things being equal the better manager wins. The Dodgers have had the best team on paper for years and they lost all but one year.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

All things being equal the better manager wins. The Dodgers have had the best team on paper for years and they lost all but one year.  

Did they really? I don't care enough to look it up but which team was favored in both those series?Also I believed at the time that Houston and Boston were both better. They played in the better league than LA did. Also what we now know is that Boston and Houston both cheated in the WS so there's that. 

Also things are never equal. Teams aren't playing against themselves so things will never be equal. 

i don't know if it's a good hire or not, but he's an extremely accomplished manager and anyone taking that away from him is being demeaning. nobody succeeds in a vacuum.

i think it'll be interesting to see how this white sox team progresses.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Not really looking to get into a big argument because I don't really disagree with your main point, but I think people underestimate the importance a manager can have in the clubhouse and how that plays out over the course of 162 games.  A case can be made that there isn't much of a difference between a good in game manager and a bad one, but a guy that can't control a clubhouse is death IMO.

01ONBASEBALLweb2-jumbo.jpg