• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brewers/Reds, Mariners/Padres, Dodgers/Giants among teams to boycott and postpone their games tonight

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

If it was over something worthwhile, fine, but this is over a child predator armed with a knife getting shot in the back by police.

But it was a black man and was shot by a white police officer so SYSTEMIC RACISM LIVES! 

This country is so racist that we elected a black man twice for President of the United States and have so many elected politicians of color in every state. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Maybe BLM and celebrity black men and women should be in the streets helping to heal those communities where black on black crime has gone way up this year?

Because you wouldn't ever hear about that. I know that's what you want, but that defeats the purpose of a protest.

You complain about the riots, you complain about the kneeling, and now you complain about this. You just don't want to hear about it or discuss it. This is the absolute definition of a peaceful protest. It harms NO ONE. No "flag disrespect" or whatever. But nah. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Because you wouldn't ever hear about that. I know that's what you want, but that defeats the purpose of a protest.

You complain about the riots, you complain about the kneeling, and now you complain about this. You just don't want to hear about it or discuss it. This is the absolute definition of a peaceful protest. It harms NO ONE. No "flag disrespect" or whatever. But nah. 

Professional sports needs to stay the F out of politics and human rights concerns. There are plenty other civil rights groups and peaceful protestors who can carry that torch. 

Just because there's a video of an incident doesn't mean you should jump to conclusions before having the facts with a protest, even more so rioting and causing violence and destruction. 

Personally I'm really close to saying vaffanculo to MLB and walk away from this sport like I did with the NBA 20 years ago because they support a Marxist domestic terrorist group  and allow imprinted BLM words on the pitching mounds and support the players to wear BLM t-shirts in support of the organization. 

You know what would be really ballsy? For a sports figure like LeBron to wear an ALL LIVES MATTER t-shirt and work toward healing this nation rather than creating a divide. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Professional sports needs to stay the F out of politics and human rights concerns. There are plenty other civil rights groups and peaceful protestors who can carry that torch. 

Just because there's a video of an incident doesn't mean you should jump to conclusions before having the facts with a protest, even more so rioting and causing violence and destruction. 

Personally I'm really close to saying vaffanculo to MLB and walk away from this sport like I did with the NBA 20 years ago because they support a Marxist domestic terrorist group by imprinted BLM on the pitching mounds and support the players to wear BLM t-shirts in support of the organization. 

You know what would be really ballsy? For a sports figure like LeBron to wear an ALL LIVES MATTER t-shirt and work toward healing this nation rather than creating a divide. 

You addressed nothing in my post but you did a fantastic job proving my point. 

I just wish Politics would stay out of Sports (I am keenly aware of the fact politics and sports have always had some sort of intertwining)

I get the sense, especially with social justice warriors everywhere, that it is becoming taboo in the public sphere to be "happy" or enjoy something when something else bad (that is logistically unrelated) happens. I feel like guilt is being forced upon me from everywhere and that I am no longer being allowed enjoy anything, and no I don't mean "White guilt" (I'm Mexican) I mean being made to feel guilty for being alive somedays.

Also for the record I'm a snowflake liberal, but this is a subject that I agree with my Conservative friends on. The Twitter mob is not judge, jury and executioner. We have judges, juries (and even executioners in some states).

Just take your millions of dollars and play the damn game. If you want to protest with everyone else, totally cool, do it off the clock.

28 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

And what about the other black people who were shot by police?

There are a few that were not criminals. Floyd was a career criminal who assaulted his pregnant gf at gunpoint. Brown was also a thug.  The black race for some strange reason chooses to honor the very worst in their society. 

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I do too, but let's make a few trades first to get some prospects. lol

Was talking about the NBA. Interested to see if their wokeness would seriously hurt their bottom line in the future. 

We need the baseball season to continue so that the Angels can keep tanking though. 

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Same people who talk about how necessary politics and BLM are in sports also completely ignore and even condemn Daryl Morey's Hong Kong tweet and the protests against an oppressive government that are taking place there.

They also ignore the sex slave industry. In fact, I bet many are patronizing and contributing to its very existence.

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

How do you reconcile INOs strong Christian values with your support for theft and destruction of our cities?  I know Taylor does it because his wife tells him too, but you... I don’t get it.  Are you going to suggest to Lynsi to start putting BLM slogans on the bottom of the cups?

By not supporting theft and destruction of our cities.  Seems pretty simple.  How to you reconcile being a man of law and finding the actions of these police justifiable?  

45 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I just wish Politics would stay out of Sports (I am keenly aware of the fact politics and sports have always had some sort of intertwining)

I get the sense, especially with social justice warriors everywhere, that it is becoming taboo in the public sphere to be "happy" or enjoy something when something else bad (that is logistically unrelated) happens. I feel like guilt is being forced upon me from everywhere and that I am no longer being allowed enjoy anything, and no I don't mean "White guilt" (I'm Mexican) I mean being made to feel guilty for being alive somedays.

Also for the record I'm a snowflake liberal, but this is a subject that I agree with my Conservative friends on. The Twitter mob is not judge, jury and executioner. We have judges, juries (and even executioners in some states).

Just take your millions of dollars and play the damn game. If you want to protest with everyone else, totally cool, do it off the clock.

/thread

• Chuck locked this topic