• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brewers/Reds, Mariners/Padres, Dodgers/Giants among teams to boycott and postpone their games tonight

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Watch the video. Now that it's not aligned with the party's narrative to be silent about the "peaceful protests" Biden the very next day speaks up. Finally! 

The night before CNN accidentally displays honest chyron about violent protests, quickly changes it.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/25/cnn-accidentally-displays-honest-chyron-about-violent-protests-quickly-changes-it/

Or once again, don’t shoot him.  They had the entire walk to the car to subdue him.  They chose not to.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Or once again, don’t shoot him.  They had the entire walk to the car to subdue him.  They chose not to.  

We don't have a full investigation yet dude. Once the details come out, let's talk. 

Seven shots to the back is a bit extensive, but we don't know if he had a knife or was reaching for a gun. The guy had a laundry list of criminal charges, one of which was weapons assaults and owning illegal arms. The police knew the full background on this guy prior to getting there. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Given the political climate we are in. Do you believe the police wanted to shoot a black man in broad daylight? They were called to the scene by black people who were afraid of a wanted criminal. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We don't have a full investigation yet dude. Once the details come out, let's talk. 

Seven shots to the back is a bit extensive, but we don't know if he had a knife or was reaching for a gun. The guy had a laundry list of criminal charges, one of which was weapons assaults and owning illegal arms. The police knew the full background on this guy prior to getting there. 

And yet they let him walk to the car Chuck.  

4 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Given the political climate we are in. Do you believe the police wanted to shoot a black man in broad daylight? They were called to the scene by black people who were afraid of a wanted criminal. 

No, so they should have subdued him instead of letting him walk around and get in his car.  

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or, get this, you don’t shoot a dude in the back.  Unless he had a weapon in his car that he went to grab there is really no excuse.  Even if he did have a gun, this should have solved well before letting him walk back to his car.  Unless of course I am thinking of a different video.  

From reports. It looks like he did have a weapon he went to grab in his car. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The fact that anyone is legitimately upset about this means you don't want "peaceful protests", you just want black people to be quiet. 

Or that the fact he was shot wasn’t the excessive part but that he was shot 7 times is what makes it excessive. 

We could reduce shootings if we hired stronger cops and trained them better in hand to hand combat. We still need to teach people not to resist. Once a fight breaks out the police must use the greater force to gain the advantage. The criminal doesn’t get to decide the rules of the match. A criminal may want a boxing match or a knife fight but ultimately he will probably get shot. 

KEY FACTS

Officer Rusten Sheskey, a seven-year veteran of the Kenosha Police Department, was identified as the officer who shot Blake, a Black man, while his children watched in his car.

Officers were dispatched to the scene in response to a female caller reporting that her boyfriend was present and wasn’t supposed to be on the property, investigators say; lawyers for Blake’s family say he was “breaking up a fight between two women.”

Court records show Blake was charged with third-degree sexual assault, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct related to domestic abuse on July 6.

Investigators say the officers attempted to arrest Blake using a taser, but were unsuccessful.

When Blake then walked around his car, opened the driver’s side door and leaned forward, Sheskey grabbed onto Blake’s shirt and fired seven times into his back, investigators say.

Blake admitted during the investigation to having a knife, which was found on the driver’s side floorboard, but no other weapons were found in the car.

Blake’s family has called for peaceful protest and say Blake cared deeply for his family and children,, according to a family attorney.

Just now, angelinkc said:

How about he follow orders and not fight back. The second video shows him fight his way off the ground. Do you really think he was reaching in his car to offer the cops a Gatorade?

No I think he was a criminal. 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The fact that anyone is legitimately upset about this means you don't want "peaceful protests", you just want black people to be quiet. 

I say more power to them. It’s a peaceful way of protesting. Cancel the season if they feel that strongly. What I’m outraged by is the multiple homicides, destroyed city and a complete lack of respect for your common human. This guy was a criminal who reports show went to grab a weapon. I’m sorry but I feel bad he got shot. But he made a bad decision and one that should cost you. Don’t grab for a weapon when your with the police. I was always taught don’t ever grab for a weapon unless you plan on using it. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I say more power to them. It’s a peaceful way of protesting. Cancel the season if they feel that strongly. What I’m outraged by is the multiple homicides, destroyed city and a complete lack of respect for your common human. This guy was a criminal who reports show went to grab a weapon. I’m sorry but I feel bad he got shot. But he made a bad decision and one that should cost you. Don’t grab for a weapon when your with the police. I was always taught don’t ever grab for a weapon unless you plan on using it. 

"multiple homicides"

You mean by the guy who went to the protest and shot rioters?

Also, where are these "reports" that he had a gun?

Edited by tdawg87

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

If it was over something worthwhile, fine, but this is over a child predator armed with a knife getting shot in the back by police.

And what about the other black people who were shot by police?