• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma Kamaleon

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

lots to unpack here.

trump is an idiot. you'll get no argument from me on this. I don't like the way he does much of anything.

immigrant children being separated from their parents is something that started during obamas presidency, right? why weren't people bitterly complaining about it then? trump didn't create the system. I think two things need to happen to fix it: first and foremost, we need to have entry points for people wanting to come in to the US, something akin to Ellis Island. secure the border at the same time and have a few different entry points and address this issue in a humanitarian way that doesn't separate families. I think the second issue is that we need immigration reform so that people don't need to sneak in, and those who are here have a way to gain their citizenship. it shouldn't take decades for the process to play out.

if you've heard the complete audio of the "fine people on both sides" comment, you know that that one little clip is taken out of context with everything he was saying. it was a dumb thing to say, but it was not an isolated comment. this goes to what a horrible public speaker he is and how he doesn't think out very clearly what he's going to say. 

the latino comment was also taken out of context as what he said was he didn't want Mexico to send us their rapists and murderers. he was not saying that all Mexicans who come here are rapists, but that was narrative that was pushed. it, too, was not an isolated comment but it made for a sound bite that his opposition used a lot and very effectively.

I don't like him, Phil. I refuse to vote for him. but I'm also not a fan of any public figure being purposely maligned by people who want to take snippets of what they say and use them out of context. It's a dirty trick that a lot of people aren't smart enough to see through. 

Honestly, it just saddens me to see how low we have sunk as a country. We are bitterly divided. We can’t agree on even the most basic things, which is literally killing our most vulnerable citizens. We can’t fix our most basic problems. This is the made worse by our unbelievably divisive, partisan, dishonest president (and the idiots who support him). We have been overrun by a pandemic because our leadership is horrible and our nation is full of selfish, me-first people. And there is no light at the end of this tunnel. 

Our President is a horrific human being. An absolutely terrible person. He has not a single redeeming quality. Yet half the country has no problem with that, or thinks the Biden alternative is necessarily worse because he has a D by his name. I am 40 years old and this is the first time in my life I have been ashamed of my country and my fellow citizens. I hope his ass gets booted out of office in November, along with anyone who has refused to step up to him, and my faith in my country gets restored. 

10 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Honestly, it just saddens me to see how low we have sunk as a country. We are bitterly divided. We can’t agree on even the most basic things, which is literally killing our most vulnerable citizens. We can’t fix our most basic problems. This is the made worse by our unbelievably divisive, partisan, dishonest president (and the idiots who support him). We have been overrun by a pandemic because our leadership is horrible and our nation is full of selfish, me-first people. And there is no light at the end of this tunnel. 

Our President is a horrific human being. An absolutely terrible person. He has not a single redeeming quality. Yet half the country has no problem with that, or thinks the Biden alternative is necessarily worse because he has a D by his name. I am 40 years old and this is the first time in my life I have been ashamed of my country and my fellow citizens. I hope his ass gets booted out of office in November, along with anyone who has refused to step up to him, and my faith in my country gets restored. 

you're not wrong.

I'm at the point where I don't think it'll improve one iota if Biden is elected because of the people running the party machine behind him. it might look a little different, but I see life in this country being a lot more chaotic and that there will be more and more cities that look like Portland and Seattle. I don't see us going back to what we charmingly remember life to be. there's far too many angry people, and they'll still be angry whether or not trump is in the White House. antifa is out of control and seems to be growing and gaining support. local gov'ts wanting to defund and disband the police are caving to the mob and will come to regret it almost immediately. and from there it'll only get worse. 

You have different thought processes....let's try one by one.

You are correct and the main issue is the media, social bias etc.........but now you you have things like social media controlling what is or isn't allowed on their platform. If you click on Con media items they feed you that shit, if you click on Dem media outlets you get fed that shit.. The main issue to your premise is the whole "my team vs. your team"

I might agree with you on certain aspects, but Trump is not a career politician. Sure, he is in office and he has to deal with the same bullshit Obama, Bush, and Clinton dealt with.

Maybe you or "them" can leave the country like everyone said they would when Trump would (but no one didn't)

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this. go and live your life. there aren't very many decisions from the White House that have a significant bearing on how I live my life.

"I don't think it'll improve one iota if Biden is elected because of the people running the party machine behind him. it might look a little different, but I see life in this country being a lot more chaotic and that there will be more and more cities that look like Portland and Seattle."

Damn, I didn't think I would have to use your own quote against you so soon.

15 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

"I don't think it'll improve one iota if Biden is elected because of the people running the party machine behind him. it might look a little different, but I see life in this country being a lot more chaotic and that there will be more and more cities that look like Portland and Seattle."

Damn, I didn't think I would have to use your own quote against you so soon.

I think this is more about the collapse of society than it is about who's president.

Edited by Tank

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

you're not wrong.

I'm at the point where I don't think it'll improve one iota if Biden is elected because of the people running the party machine behind him. it might look a little different, but I see life in this country being a lot more chaotic and that there will be more and more cities that look like Portland and Seattle. I don't see us going back to what we charmingly remember life to be. there's far too many angry people, and they'll still be angry whether or not trump is in the White House. antifa is out of control and seems to be growing and gaining support. local gov'ts wanting to defund and disband the police are caving to the mob and will come to regret it almost immediately. and from there it'll only get worse. 

Exactly. Biden has been in office ~50 years and hasn't done shit but now people think he will make a difference? Dude hasn't done shit and in fact made what we have now worse.

No one wants to talk about the Biden and his war on drugs stance that was a bill in 1986 that had to do with crack/cocaine and the incarceration of black that to this day are still an issue. Civil forfeiture and how that works or his stance on marijuana. The dude wants to keep it as a legit schedule 2 drug.

Let's make a career politician that hasn't done shit in 50 years but somewhat flip flop be president. 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

immigrant children being separated from their parents is something that started during obamas presidency, right? why weren't people bitterly complaining about it then?

Obama set up camps for children that came unattended.  These were mostly teenagers.  

The policy of taking small children and separating them from their parents was all Trump.