• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

The fraud only happens when someone willfully submits a ballot that isn't his/hers/its. It goes without saying that the more accessible that voting is the more susceptible to fraud. So do you prefer to make voting more accessible with an increase in potential fraud or make it less accessible so that more legitimate voters get denied the opportunity? "Freedom" is not a proactive thing

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

The fraud only happens when someone willfully submits a ballot that isn't his/hers/its. It goes without saying that the more accessible that voting is the more susceptible to fraud. So do you prefer to make voting more accessible with an increase in potential fraud or make it less accessible so that more legitimate voters get denied the opportunity? "Freedom" is not a proactive thing

The first option is preferable, to an extent. Just like the justice system is supposed to work. It's preferable that a guilty person goes free than an innocent person gets convicted.

7 hours ago, Spin Rate said:

How is that voter fraud? It's an opportunity for fraud, sure. But people on both sides of the aisle have the same chance of receiving a dead person's ballot. It's not like one side is being intentionally sent other people's ballots in droves.

This is all true and they shouldn’t conduct elections in a way that makes it easier for someone to commit fraud. It really isn’t a republican or democrat thing as any of them will cheat given an opportunity 

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

More polling places is the best idea 

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

There was a person on the local Lol Angeles news today that said her mother got a ballot in the mail.  She lived in Idaho. And has been dead for a year and a half.  

In most cases, probably too small a sample size to move the needle.  But there are some elections that could be close, where the margin of error may make a difference.

If the dead lady’s vote doesn’t matter then yours doesn’t either

I don’t know exactly what steps should be taken, but if you’re going to mail ballots to everyone, you better darn well make sure you have their correct address. 

Connect the change of address when someone moves to DMV records and the county registrar. Make sure all are notified when someone moves or dies. If they can’t verify where someone lives, don’t mail them a ballot.

it doesn’t seem like this should be that complicated to solve.

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

I don’t know exactly what steps should be taken, but if you’re going to mail ballots to everyone, you better darn well make sure you have their correct address. 

Connect the change of address when someone moves to DMV records and the county registrar. Make sure all are notified when someone moves or dies. If they can’t verify where someone lives, don’t mail them a ballot.

You're assuming anyone wants to solve it. Who benefits from. the current system?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Are you trying to keep my mom from voting?

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

The current system of everyone getting ballots mailed to dead people?  Everyone knows dead people vote Democrat.  EVERYONE knows that.

So both sides are seeding the idea of voter fraud if the election isn't to their liking which would then be followed with Patriot Act II the Voter Suppression version?

9 hours ago, calscuf said:

Do you think most people deserve to vote? If you can’t drive to a voting location and stand in line for hours in the middle of a deadly (overblown!) pandemic, you don’t deserve to vote.

The left lost the right to this argument when they decided that mass protests and riots were just fine during a deadly pandemic

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I have a solution. If someone wants to vote (opposite of Adam) and they are afraid to go outside of the house then they should request an absentee ballot. That will ensure the ballot goes to the right address. If nobody requests a ballot then don’t send them one. That way ballots aren’t sent to the wrong person. 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have a solution. If someone wants to vote (opposite of Adam) and they are afraid to go outside of the house then they should request an absentee ballot. That will ensure the ballot goes to the right address. If nobody requests a ballot then don’t send them one. That way ballots aren’t sent to the wrong person. 

Some states can reject your absentee ballot request if you don't provide a valid reason. I would certainly hope the covid situation is a valid reason. Although in most states this isn't the case.

Either way, you still have to be a registered voter and provide ID (plus more, depending on state). 

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

You're assuming anyone wants to solve it. Who benefits from. the current system?

I think it's a way to contest whatever the results are next month. both sides have made a fuss about this issue, which didn't really seem to be a significant problem before with absentee ballots (yes, I understand the volume of mail-in ballots will be algebraically higher this years, sans adams'). 

it seems that both sides would benefit from having the system work as seamlessly and with as much integrity as possible.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think it's a way to contest whatever the results are next month. both sides have made a fuss about this issue, which didn't really seem to be a significant problem before with absentee ballots (yes, I understand the volume of mail-in ballots will be algebraically higher this years, sans adams'). 

it seems that both sides would benefit from having the system work as seamlessly and with as much integrity as possible.

How do you justify added intervention and hijacking the process when it’s seamless and integral?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

If there’s no problem there’s nothing to solve and if there’s nothing to solve well there’s nothing to campaign on.