• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I think Taylor realized his faith and political ideologies are not compatible. 

I hope I’m wrong but he’s certainly walking the rebellious path of someone who is about to denounce his faith. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

In your opinion. Maybe I feel differently about it than you do. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Feelings will send you to hell. You know the truth and it’s time for you and step up and follow these truths. I have a theory your declining faith started about the time you met the old lady. Kinda like adman and Eve. 

22 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

changing opinion on abortion vs free healthcare is not the same thing.

I dunno, man. If we straight up agree that abortion is knowingly ending a life/causing a death/resulting in years of healthy life being lost, you’re doing the same thing by not supporting the systemic changes to approaches and access to care that universal healthcare would provide.

You can go ahead and argue the relative minutiae of intent and values related to government run/funded care here, but the outcome is the same: lives lost, years lost, health lost (unborn children included).

Never change, my guy.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

I dunno, man. If we straight up agree that abortion is knowingly ending a life/causing a death/resulting in years of healthy life being lost, you’re doing the same thing by not supporting the systemic changes to approaches and access to care that universal healthcare would provide.

You can go ahead and argue the relative minutiae of intent and values related to government run/funded care here, but the outcome is the same: lives lost, years lost, health lost (unborn children included).

Never change, my guy.

That makes about as much sense as proclaiming that the biological mother of a murderer is an accessory to murder by virtue of giving birth to the murderer. 

6 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That makes about as much sense as proclaiming that the biological mother of a murderer is an accessory to murder by virtue of giving birth to the murderer. 

Sadly, when you force someone to have a child who doesn't want a child, that child is more likely to be abused, malnourished, and put at a disadvantage. Which means they are more likely to exhibit anti-social behaviors later in life.

Should that child have the opportunity to overcome their circumstances? Perhaps. But a fetus doesn't even have consciousness until about 24 weeks gestation.

94% of abortions occur within the first trimester (first 12 weeks) of pregnancy, before the fetus can feel pain and long before the fetus can be self-aware. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Sadly, when you force someone to have a child who doesn't want a child, that child is more likely to be abused, malnourished, and put at a disadvantage. Which means they are more likely to exhibit anti-social behaviors later in life.

Should that child have the opportunity to overcome their circumstances? Perhaps. But a fetus doesn't even have consciousness until about 24 weeks gestation.

94% of abortions occur within the first trimester (first 12 weeks) of pregnancy, before the fetus can feel pain and long before the fetus can be self-aware. 

As a Christian, do you believe the fetus has a soul? If not, when do you think it has one? 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

As a Christian, do you believe the fetus has a soul? If not, when do you think it has one? 

I have no idea. The Bible isn't clear about it. 

I'm in the camp that abortion after 16 weeks should only occur in very extreme circumstances (mother's life is in danger, the kid has abnormalities that give them a slim chance at life, etc.). And again, less than 6 percent of abortions occur later than 12 weeks already.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I have no idea. The Bible isn't clear about it. 

I'm in the camp that abortion after 16 weeks should only occur in very extreme circumstances (mother's life is in danger, the kid has abnormalities that give them a slim chance at life, etc.). And again, less than 6 percent of abortions occur later than 12 weeks already.

Jeremiah 1:5 is a pretty good indicator. I do not support abortion as a means of convenience or birth control, and I find it to be barbaric. In terms of policy, it is not something I care about when it comes to voting as long as tax dollars are not spent on them. I do think both sides to this argument have valid points though. I think medical procedures like that should be between the doctor and patient. For people that kill their own babies, that's between them and God. 

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

No, it doesn’t. I’m talking about two broadly applied policies (legal abortion, universal healthcare) and their known (for the sake of this argument in which you’re a giant hypocrite), quantifiable impact on behaviors and lives.

You, like a monkey, are comparing a singular and unknowable outcome to a policy and its known/predicted outcomes.

29 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

No, it doesn’t. I’m talking about two broadly applied policies (legal abortion, universal healthcare) and their known (for the sake of this argument in which you’re a giant hypocrite), quantifiable impact on behaviors and lives.

You, like a monkey, are comparing a singular and unknowable outcome to a policy and its known/predicted outcomes.

I don't agree that they're comparable, in the slightest.

Legalizing abortion is the state giving the go-ahead for people to take an action that has immediate negative consequences for another life.

"Universal Healthcare" in the broad sense is an entire system dedicated to providing affordable access to health care professionals. The absence of this system is not "no healthcare." It's ridiculously complicated to quantify, and you can't even guarantee it's a net benefit to life expectancy. The mean life expectancy of countries with universal healthcare is 76.7 years. The life expectancy in the US is 76.4, a negligible difference.

How am I being hypocritical?

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't agree that they're comparable, in the slightest.

Legalizing abortion is the state giving the go-ahead for people to take an action that has immediate negative consequences for another life.

"Universal Healthcare" in the broad sense is an entire system dedicated to providing affordable access to health care professionals. The absence of this system is not "no healthcare." It's ridiculously complicated to quantify, and you can't even guarantee it's a net benefit to life expectancy. The mean life expectancy of countries with universal healthcare is 76.7 years. The life expectancy in the US is 76.4, a negligible difference.

How am I being hypocritical?

Abortion is as much a healthcare issue as it is a social, spiritual, or political issue. 

If men were the ones who could get pregnant, something tells me abortion would have been legalized worldwide in 150 AD.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Abortion is as much a healthcare issue as it is a social, spiritual, or political issue. 

If men were the ones who could get pregnant, something tells me abortion would have been legalized worldwide in 150 AD.

You didn't know men can have babies now? I'm ashamed in you lack of wokeness development. 

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Yet you wanted to force a lady to raise an unwanted dog.