• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

i think my position on guns is well documented on here.

but i have to confess, i've kicked the tires on the idea over the weekend.

I doubt you are alone on this. It makes you think differently when you see society fall into utter, violent chaos over night and nothing the police can do about it. 

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

I took a piss once after getting pepper spray on my hands and not significantly washing it off. Not my favorite moment of my life 

so fiona got home after being maced and/or tear gassed and decided she needed to rub one out? you go, fiona.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/george-floyd-cause-of-death-heart-attack-fentanyl/

WTF?? Two autopsies with such different results you'd think they we different people they did them on. Ridiculous as one of the medical examiners is really, really incompetent or lying. 

Meanwhile I have heard the 'asphyxiation' report twice on NPR today, with just one mention of the other report noting "additional complications."

Here is the thing though... if he dies of a heart attack no way these cops go to prison for murder. And if these cops get off, there will be hell to pay. I think they are just gona have to take one for the team here.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/george-floyd-cause-of-death-heart-attack-fentanyl/

WTF?? Two autopsies with such different results you'd think they we different people they did them on. Ridiculous as one of the medical examiners is really, really incompetent or lying. 

Well, it's not out of question that you want autopsies to say the story you want to be said.  

It's similar to the Rona.  Die of cancer.  No attention.  Die of the Rona because you had cancer.  Now you get the clicks.  

But the ME should be impartial.  I wouldn't be surprised if a third autopsy by the feds is conducted now.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Meanwhile I have heard the 'asphyxiation' report twice on NPR today, with just one mention of the other report noting "additional complications."

Here is the thing though... if he dies of a heart attack no way these cops go to prison for murder. And if these cops get off, there will be hell to pay. I think they are just gona have to take one for the team here.

I still think knee on the neck cop is responsible for contributing to the heart attack. Fentanyl is nasty stuff though. Just ask Skaggs 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Well, it's not out of question that you want autopsies to say the story you want to be said.  

It's similar to the Rona.  Die of cancer.  No attention.  Die of the Rona because you had cancer.  Now you get the clicks.  

But the ME should be impartial.  I wouldn't be surprised if a third autopsy by the feds is conducted now.

There absolutely has to be a third autopsy now especially with ones that contradict each other like this. Autopsies are based on heart science. how can they see completely different evidence? If autopsies are that complicated it makes you wonder how many others are fucked up in our nation every year

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I still think knee on the neck cop is responsible for contributing to the heart attack. Fentanyl is nasty stuff though. Just ask Skaggs 

Sure but do you really think you can get a murder conviction when a guy had a heart attack, was drunk and on hard drugs?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

There absolutely has to be a third autopsy now especially with ones that contradict each other like this. Autopsies are based on heart science. how can they see completely different evidence? If autopsies are that complicated it makes you wonder how many others are fucked up in our nation every year

This comment actually may or may not shed light on it.

JoMo33  10 minutes ago  edited

Fentanyl depresses the brainstem, which controls breathing. This is how people die from fentanyl ODs, like Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. Floyd may not have had a sufficient amount in his system to cause an OD, but he probably did have enough where the brainstem was affected. Add the pressure that Chauvin added to that area of the neck, and it was probably enough to send him into cardiac arrest because he stopped breathing. But would Chauvin know that Floyd had fentanyl in his system? Of course not. Floyd also had methamphetamine in his system, which in combination with the fentanyl and the physical stress of being restrained, could have caused a heart attack. Again, Chauvin would not know this. Add to this that the Minneapolis police force had authorized use of neck restraint as a tactic to subdue a non-compliant arrest, then Chauvin cannot be found guilty of even 3rd degree murder by an impartial jury. The most that he should get on this charge would be manslaughter -- and the video that shows Floyd resisting arrest will be another mitigating factor for Chauvin. This is devastating news for the prosecution. The official ruling of homicide will be destroyed by a competent defense attorney once the ME is on the witness stand.