• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Doesn’t it bother you that your politics are what you use to judge a person by?

For myself, I feel like Trumpism goes beyond just conservatives vs liberals.  Like it or not, Trump represents white supremacists, misogynists, and is just straight up anti-decency.  So yeah, I've lost a lot of respect for anyone that sees all that and still supports him.

I can disagree with conservatives and still respect their views and opinions.  Trumpism is a whole other beast.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

For myself, I feel like Trumpism goes beyond just conservatives vs liberals.  Like it or not, Trump represents white supremacists, misogynists, and is just straight up anti-decency.  So yeah, I've lost a lot of respect for anyone that sees all that and still supports him.

I can disagree with conservatives and still respect their views and opinions.  Trumpism is a whole other beast.

Horrible political discord in this country precedes Trump.  It is how we ended up with him.  He definitely exasperated everything.  

we will see if the new President can do anything about it.

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

What you are saying is Trump isn't representing those that are Republicans and want the best for the country. 

He wandered off the deep end of his own psychosis thinking he was some savior. In two weeks he is just a citizen and bound by those rules. He should spend the rest of his days with his mouth shut and playing golf. I doubt he can do that.  

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What you are saying is Trump isn't representing those that are Republicans and want the best for the country. 

He wandered off the deep end of his own psychosis thinking he was some savior. In two weeks he is just a citizen and bound by those rules. He should spend the rest of his days with his mouth shut and playing golf. I doubt he can do that.  

And yet virtually all of the Republicans worked with him. What does that say about them?

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

And yet virtually all of the Republicans worked with him. What does that say about them?

They didn't. You look at the congressional record and there was no Senate rubber stamping of all things Trump. That's why he used so many executive orders, he knew the senate was divided. 

He had a few riding his coat tails but early on Ryan bailed on him along with many others that just were not outspoken about it. On both the house and senate he got little help except for when it came to Supreme Court nominations that are always divided by party. 

You really should quit living in the bubble, stop only getting your opinion from an echo chamber group think and maybe step back and look at the facts.

Parties support their candidates into office. Their performance determines if the party goes all out in support or leaves them hanging. Trump was hung out to dry in this election with little support from the senate, governors and mayors of what should have been his power base.

He had destroyed all working relationships in his own party and did not have their loyal support. He did not have fundraising support because he had no allies politically, in the 4th estate and so very few in businesses.  He was essentially a third party and still got 74 million votes, many of which were a protest against the Democrats platform of identity politics and virtue signaling than in support of Trump.

But you go ahead with your version of reality. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

They didn't. You look at the congressional record and there was no Senate rubber stamping of all things Trump. That's why he used so many executive orders, he knew the senate was divided. 

He had a few riding his coat tails but early on Ryan bailed on him along with many others that just were not outspoken about it. On both the house and senate he got little help except for when it came to Supreme Court nominations that are always divided by party. 

You really should quit living in the bubble, stop only getting your opinion from an echo chamber group think and maybe step back and look at the facts.

Parties support their candidates into office. Their performance determines if the party goes all out in support or leaves them hanging. Trump was hung out to dry in this election with little support from the senate, governors and mayors of what should have been his power base.

He had destroyed all working relationships in his own party and did not have their loyal support. He did not have fundraising support because he had no allies politically, in the 4th estate and so very few in businesses.  He was essentially a third party and still got 74 million votes, many of which were a protest against the Democrats platform of identity politics and virtue signaling than in support of Trump.

Holy crap. I've never seen this much spin on the Spin Forum.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Anyone else want to vouch for this? As Taylor said, it sounds like spin but I'm not convinced it's completely wrong.

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

IF his injury happened on Capitol grounds then I would assume it is on video. Hopefully their laws there are harsher than California's 

15 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Anyone else want to vouch for this? As Taylor said, it sounds like spin but I'm not convinced it's completely wrong.

Alright let's take one example. Did he ever get congressional approval for his wall funding?

Nope, he basically stole it from defense funding already allocated. Even with all of the bullshit pork barreling in the trillion dollar Covid relief bills there wasn't a dime headed towards his wall. The Republicans in congress didn't even try and slip it through, they denied him his platform promise.

Step back from all of the noise created over the last four years and look at how the Republican party distanced themselves from him after his 100 day honeymoon. Sure, you had a few clowns trying to stay in the headlines but overall the no comments were very loud.

The core of the Republican party kept the president at arms length, not wanting to either become one of his Twitter tirades or scandalized for supporting him as well. 

Those directly in his cabinet bailed out in droves. The Senate Republicans weren't going to unilaterally tie themselves to a President that had been through four investigations, an impeachment and still couldn't keep his finger off the nastygram button. 

13 hours ago, calscuf said:

Hey look, Blarg’s one of those Jumping Ship Republicans!  Cool.

What's that?

I think most republican constituents see their representatives as a means to an end. A tool to get the job done. The problem is they're all fucking black and decker tools.

Trump is a made in china Craftsman. Slightly better quality, but still pretty meh. This isn't really a new stance.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

What's that?

I think most republican constituents see their representatives as a means to an end. A tool to get the job done. The problem is they're all fucking black and decker tools.

Trump is a made in china Craftsman. Slightly better quality, but still pretty meh. This isn't really a new stance.

Trump is the tool you buy at Harbor Freight