• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The judge in the cop's trial chewed her out by name today but refused the defense's request for a mistrial.

He did admit though that it could be grounds for an appeal. The jury was not in the room.

Ya Maxine done screwed up. If we wins appeal because of her bullshit I'm going to laugh very hard.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Defense had asked early on for the jury to be sequestered but the judge denied it. He only told them not to watch "the news", but they may have heard Mad Maxine's comments anyway at some point. What she said could be construed as jury intimidation.

They are sequestered now for deliberations.

Lol! Too late for that 

Based on the headlines I’ve seen.  Waters comments seem ill advised and bad.  

I doubt that Chauvin walks.  Going to go way out on a limb and predict there will be some level of disorder/rioting.  I don’t think it’ll be as bad as last summer.  If he does happen to walk.  Combined with some of the other incidents we’ve seen recently.   All bets are off.  Shit could be pretty bad.   Again, I know I’m being very bold with these predictions. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Based on the headlines I’ve seen.  Waters comments seem ill advised and bad.  

I doubt that Chauvin walks.  Going to go way out on a limb and predict there will be some level of disorder/rioting.  I don’t think it’ll be as bad as last summer.  If he does happen to walk.  Combined with some of the other incidents we’ve seen recently.   All bets are off.  Shit could be pretty bad.   Again, I know I’m being very bold with these predictions. 

I’m thinking he gets a manslaughter conviction

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think they’ll convict him of all 3.  

You can’t have multiple murder convictions for one offense. Maybe there are some lesser charges in there are well but I’m not sure what else they charged him with 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can’t have multiple murder convictions for one offense. Maybe there are some lesser charges in there are well but I’m not sure what else they charged him with 

I thought I saw the 3rd degree murder and 2 manslaughter charges ?  I definitely could be wrong. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I thought I saw the 3rd degree murder and 2 manslaughter charges ?  I definitely could be wrong. 

Honestly, I’m not sure exactly how that works but I believe there was 2nd and 3rd degree murder and a manslaughter charge in there. Probably some lower level stuff too. That seems like a double jeopardy thing but I’m not an expert on this stuff. 

How BLM protesters reacted when they learned more about one 'victim'

Black Lives Matter protesters in Minnesota dropped to a knee and set off to march over a fatal police shooting — only to return when they learned it was a white carjacker who had fired at police, according to reports.

Dozens of people protesting outside Gov. Tim Walz’s mansion in St. Paul on Sunday were filmed by Fox 9 reporter Mitti Hicks as they knelt for a moment of silence over initial rumors about Sunday’s 3 p.m. fatal shooting.

"Protestors kneel after hearing there was an officer-involved shooting in Burnsville moments ago," Hicks tweeted of the wild, caught-on-camera armed carjacking in the suburbs.

Word of their planned protest after a rush to judgment quickly had the protesters ripped online.

"For an armed carjacker?????? Are people this stupid????" one person replied to Hicks’ video, while Amanda Felske said that the group planned to "just immediate loot /riot!!" without getting the facts.

Brendan Hartmann, meanwhile, pointed out that the latest suspect had been shooting at police.

"Are they kneeling for the amazing work these officers did to keep the community safe from a mad man with a GUN," he asked of the protest group.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

I think they were giving the jury the option of choosing one from the a la carte menu of convictions. 

Yes, I believe this is correct. I’m still guessing at least a manslaughter conviction. The jurors know what’s at stake and I don’t think they want to have theirs and their family’s lives under constant threat so they will convict him. I’d be shocked for a hung jury 

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

How BLM protesters reacted when they learned more about one 'victim'

Black Lives Matter protesters in Minnesota dropped to a knee and set off to march over a fatal police shooting — only to return when they learned it was a white carjacker who had fired at police, according to reports.

Dozens of people protesting outside Gov. Tim Walz’s mansion in St. Paul on Sunday were filmed by Fox 9 reporter Mitti Hicks as they knelt for a moment of silence over initial rumors about Sunday’s 3 p.m. fatal shooting.

"Protestors kneel after hearing there was an officer-involved shooting in Burnsville moments ago," Hicks tweeted of the wild, caught-on-camera armed carjacking in the suburbs.

Word of their planned protest after a rush to judgment quickly had the protesters ripped online.

"For an armed carjacker?????? Are people this stupid????" one person replied to Hicks’ video, while Amanda Felske said that the group planned to "just immediate loot /riot!!" without getting the facts.

Brendan Hartmann, meanwhile, pointed out that the latest suspect had been shooting at police.

"Are they kneeling for the amazing work these officers did to keep the community safe from a mad man with a GUN," he asked of the protest group.

OK, black people, you can all go home because it was a white guy that got gunned down. Woke white people please stay and apologize for being so fucking stupid you can't even get your causes correct. Put down the signs and go do something for the public good like donate blood, help with meals on wheels and pick up the trash you dumped on the street today. Dismissed. 

9 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Hope this helps. 

Reminded me the other day I went to Academy for golf balls before the tee time and forgot it was ammo day. People were lined around the building so when the doors opened I just walked in.  I almost got open-carried on the spot and had to convince people I was only there for a different kind of ammo. Next time I will need a sign saying "I am only here for golf balls."