• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The republican party is loyal to Donald Trump.

I think that was for election purposes only. It will change very quick when they see he's going to be bad for the brand. His die hard supporters will not vote red if they don't back him 100% 

Just now, Jason said:

I think that was for election purposes only. It will change very quick when they see he's going to be bad for the brand. His die hard supporters will not vote red if they don't back him 100% 

Is today the day republicans start to distance themselves from Donald Trump? It hasn't happened yet. Republicans in congress have been in lock step with him from the beginning. One republican voted to impeach. How many more have called him out on his post election tantrum? They are not as guilty as Trump himself but they are nearly all complicit.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Is today the day republicans start to distance themselves from Donald Trump? It hasn't happened yet. Republicans in congress have been in lock step with him from the beginning. One republican voted to impeach. How many more have called him out on his post election tantrum? They are not as guilty as Trump himself but they are nearly all complicit.

The senate races are over so they have nothing to fight for at this time. They have to think about the 2022 elections and if they do blindly support him it will cost them. Again 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Because Republicans aren't Trump supporters, mirite?

Even though 96% of Republicans voted for Trump.

The one's that are showing up to this protest are not your everyday Republican voters. They are loyal to Trump first and foremost. He won in 2016 because he attracted a lot of people who probably didn't vote often in previous elections.  

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They've enabled him for 4 years, but I'm sure with 14 days left in office they all have a chance to argue that none of this was their fault.

That's probably accurate. Like I said, they have to think about their own political futures. This is how politics work in this country and it really isn't anything new. 

Just now, Jason said:

That's probably accurate. Like I said, they have to think about their own political futures. This is how politics work in this country and it really isn't anything new. 

Oh absolutely, but that doesn't get you off the hook. Nearly everyone votes for what is politically expedient above what is morally right. You can go and give republicans a pass but I wont. Donald Trump is one of the worst things that has happened to this country, so I hope that tax rebate and a couple supreme court justices was worth it.

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Shows that Trump will throw any mother fucker under the bus. Pence has done nothing but spit shine Trump's nutsack the last 4 plus years. 

I'm not an historian but how many VPs in the past have actively took a stand against the president they were elected with?

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

By the way, the fact that a woman was shot today is an extremely low point in our short history.   This doesn't happen if Trump and his cronies in congress had simply been half graceful in defeat.

It is shameful,  despicable,  embarrassing and simply wrong.

Not as shameful as this bullshit election.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

By the way, the fact that a woman was shot today is an extremely low point in our short history.   This doesn't happen if Trump and his cronies in congress had simply been half graceful in defeat.

Agreed, though whoever shot her should be charged with a crime. She was unarmed and standing there.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yep. I voted for him this time around but he lost. I was over it on November 4th and it's just stupid at this point.