• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

I'd look at it as if anyone else broke into your home and killed someone. Them being police is irrelevant, since they had a no knock warrant that was based entirely on bullshit. At that point, they aren't cops. They're criminals breaking into a home with deadly weapons.

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I support the police. I don't support the protesters. This has nothing to do with that. The police fucked up royally and an innocent young lady was killed. This is not a "civilian casualty". This isn't a war.

50 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Thank god there were no drugs found in the home. That would have been the real tragedy. Dodged that bull...

Well, the guy didn't live there anymore and the post office said he wasn't receiving packages there when another entity checked in on it. Soooo, what are ya gonna do? Shit happens I guess. This was inevitable.

27 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd look at it as if anyone else broke into your home and killed someone. Them being police is irrelevant, since they had a no knock warrant that was based entirely on bullshit. At that point, they aren't cops. They're criminals breaking into a home with deadly weapons.

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I support the police. I don't support the protesters. This has nothing to do with that. The police fucked up royally and an innocent young lady was killed. This is not a "civilian casualty". This isn't a war.

I agree with this. If a detective got the warrant through lying or other type of bullshit then it's on him or her. The officers serving the warrant may not have been part of that process and could be less culpable. Honestly, I have little knowledge of the case specifics other than they killed an innocent person while serving a no knock warrant. I'm certain there is more to this case and where responsibility should lie than what Twitter would have us believe. No knock warrants are unnecessarily dangerous for everyone involved and seem to be a terrible thing. Hopefully they get to the bottom of this and hold the responsible parties accountable.  

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Thank god there were no drugs found in the home. That would have been the real tragedy. Dodged that bull...

That's the worst part of this. Drugs?? I can see the justification of a no knock warrant for a dangerous psychopath or murderer. 

6 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

You are missing the joke.

2 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Do we need to put in a group order for sarcasm detector repair?

No, I got it. I was merely voicing my opinion on the ridiculousness of a no knock warrant for drugs

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Agreed and no knock warrants a re a terrible idea. Also, why the hell is a baseball franchise chiming in on something like this? That's all we need is more politics intertwined with sports. 

Because MLB and the Rays don’t want to alienate and lose this section of its core fan base

6169D410-6EE5-4DF9-9270-3D100C74D3B6.jpeg

Edited by Orange Lives Matter

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It was the wrong house, or at least the person they were looking for did not live at the address (and I believe was already in custody).

A royal fuck up. When police make mistakes people die. 

Republicans push resolution to ban Democratic Party over past slavery ties

A group of Republican House members, led by Rep. Louis Gohmert of Texas, introduced a resolution Thursday that would effectively ban the Democratic Party from the House or force a party name change over past slavery ties -- a response to the recent efforts to remove tributes to past members of the Confederacy from the halls of Congress.

It specifically cites the Democratic Party platform's support for slavery between 1840 and 1856, and other racist actions by party members through the early-to-mid 1900s, before calling on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to "remove any items that names, symbolizes or mentions any political organization or party that has ever held a public position that supported slavery or the Confederacy" from the House and its properties. The resolution also says such a party "shall either change its name or be barred from participation in the House of Representatives."

"As outlined in the resolution, a great portion of the history of the Democratic Party is filled with racism and hatred," Gohmert said. "Since people are demanding we rid ourselves of the entities, symbols, and reminders of the repugnant aspects of our past, then the time has come for Democrats to acknowledge their party’s loathsome and bigoted past, and consider changing their party name to something that isn’t so blatantly and offensively tied to slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination, and the Ku Klux Klan."

He added: "To avoid triggering innocent bystanders by the racist past of the Democratic Party, I would suggest they change their name. That is the standard to which they are holding everyone else, so the name change needs to occur."

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Republicans push resolution to ban Democratic Party over past slavery ties

A group of Republican House members, led by Rep. Louis Gohmert of Texas, introduced a resolution Thursday that would effectively ban the Democratic Party from the House or force a party name change over past slavery ties -- a response to the recent efforts to remove tributes to past members of the Confederacy from the halls of Congress.

It specifically cites the Democratic Party platform's support for slavery between 1840 and 1856, and other racist actions by party members through the early-to-mid 1900s, before calling on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., to "remove any items that names, symbolizes or mentions any political organization or party that has ever held a public position that supported slavery or the Confederacy" from the House and its properties. The resolution also says such a party "shall either change its name or be barred from participation in the House of Representatives."

"As outlined in the resolution, a great portion of the history of the Democratic Party is filled with racism and hatred," Gohmert said. "Since people are demanding we rid ourselves of the entities, symbols, and reminders of the repugnant aspects of our past, then the time has come for Democrats to acknowledge their party’s loathsome and bigoted past, and consider changing their party name to something that isn’t so blatantly and offensively tied to slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination, and the Ku Klux Klan."

He added: "To avoid triggering innocent bystanders by the racist past of the Democratic Party, I would suggest they change their name. That is the standard to which they are holding everyone else, so the name change needs to occur."

Wouldn't this effectively also ban the current GOP for supporting slavers and the confederacy in 2020?