• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

39 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Honestly the democrats winning here is pretty shitty. Now all the lefties are going to want to pass a whole bunch of stupid shit.

After the last 4 years and in particular the first 2 years of Trump's presidency it wouldn't surprise me to see them swing for the fences as the douchery in politics reached a whole new level and now the R's will reap what they sowed.  I'm going to hold out hopes that Biden continues to be more of a moderate and not pander to the far left which some of his words imply but we'll see once the pressure starts.  The R's lost the senate but they took back seats in the house.  If Trump weren't such a giant shit bag then I think the R's would still have the senate.  Despite the last 4 years of shit from Trump, his team and all the R's who fell in line it wasn't a blood bath like it could or probably should have been.  Over the next two yeas we'll see how voters on both sides respond in 2022 depending on what the D's do and whether or not the R's are still divided because some haven't moved on from Trump.

7 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

After the last 4 years and in particular the first 2 years of Trump's presidency it wouldn't surprise me to see them swing for the fences as the douchery in politics reached a whole new level and now the R's will reap what they sowed.  I'm going to hold out hopes that Biden continues to be more of a moderate and not pander to the far left which some of his words imply but we'll see once the pressure starts.  The R's lost the senate but they took back seats in the house.  If Trump weren't such a giant shit bag then I think the R's would still have the senate.  Despite the last 4 years of shit from Trump, his team and all the R's who fell in line it wasn't a blood bath like it could or probably should have been.  Over the next two yeas we'll see how voters on both sides respond in 2022 depending on what the D's do and whether or not the R's are still divided because some haven't moved on from Trump.

Yeah, that's kind of my fear. With a divided congress it would be pretty easy for Biden to lead from the center, with both parties potentially working on compromise legislation. Maybe that was naive but now there is little incentive to work with republicans which means all negotiations are going to be between the far left and moderate wings of the democratic party. 

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah, that's kind of my fear. With a divided congress it would be pretty easy for Biden to lead from the center, with both parties potentially working on compromise legislation. Maybe that was naive but now there is little incentive to work with republicans which means all negotiations are going to be between the far left and moderate wings of the democratic party. 

The Senate is still divided. The far-left ideas that keep you up at night have no chance when Joe Manchin is the most powerful Senator. 

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

AOC lost handily to a more moderate member of her party on the secret ballot for a seat on the Energy and Commerce Committee.  There's more than one reason why but some members of the party openly criticized her for supporting more progressive challengers to their seats.  No one is surprised she supported those challengers but the voters elected individuals who weren't that far left and I wouldn't expect those representatives to suddenly move that way.

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Senate is still divided. The far-left ideas that keep you up at night have no chance when Joe Manchin is the most powerful Senator. 

Ties go to the Dems. I don't expect far left proposals to get passed, but the far left will have considerably more say in the outcomes than any republicans or moderate conservatives will.

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ties go to the Dems. I don't expect far left proposals to get passed, but the far left will have considerably more say in the outcomes than any republicans or moderate conservatives will.

I'm quite certain you won't be personally affected by anything that happens.

1 minute ago, nate said:

So armed enemy combatants attempting to overthrow our democracy have breached the congress building and we haven't mowed them down with machine gun fire yet?

I guess they are taking the Portland approach. Eight months from now someone will decide enough is enough. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I guess they are taking the Portland approach. Eight months from now someone will decide enough is enough. 

To be fair, you can do a lot more damage with an AK-47 than a hacky sack or tube of vegan sausage.