• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No. 15 Jason Castro ????

Claude

33 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Blame that on the Angels' for not doing the right thing, IMO, awhile ago by retiring Salmon's number. Salmon and Guerrero should have their numbers retired. Is there a reason why the Angels' never did?

I think uhh, I think Vlad's number is fine not having been retired.

9 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Blame that on the Angels' for not doing the right thing, IMO, awhile ago by retiring Salmon's number. Salmon and Guerrero should have their numbers retired. Is there a reason why the Angels' never did?

I agree with retiring numbers for Salmon and GA. When Trout hangs ‘em up, they should retire 27 twice. 

If they could retire 29, then15 & 16 are no-brainers.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Agreed. I think Garret Anderson may be THE BEST Angel ever outside of Trout, Guerrero and Ryan. He was that good. 522 2B’s. Willie Mays had 523, Griffey JR. had 524 and Ted Williams had 525.

The fact we have a thread on an Angels baseball message board intimating Tim Salmon was better than Garret Anderson is ludicrous.

The fact Jason Castro would think he was doing the right  thing by giving  up Salmon’s #15 and wearing Andersons’s #16 is outrageous.

Except pretending it is Anderson’s number would be ignoring the fact that Conger and Huston Street wore it since Anderson.  

Retired numbers should be for people who are hall of fame worthy. Salmon was a great Angel. But I don't know, how far down the line do we go if we retire his jersey? Do we retire Erstad? Percival? Frankie? GA? Bengie? 

Vlad should have his number retired... I am curious how they play that out with Trout wearing the number as well? Do they retire 2 number 27's? At the end of the day all it really means is people aren't wearing it and you see some plaque on a wall at the stadium with the number and their last name. So it is what it is. I am curious if the players even care that much, or if it's strictly a fan thing. 

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Retired numbers should be for people who are hall of fame worthy. Salmon was a great Angel. But I don't know, how far down the line do we go if we retire his jersey? Do we retire Erstad? Percival? Frankie? GA? Bengie? 

Vlad should have his number retired... I am curious how they play that out with Trout wearing the number as well? Do they retire 2 number 27's? At the end of the day all it really means is people aren't wearing it and you see some plaque on a wall at the stadium with the number and their last name. So it is what it is. I am curious if the players even care that much, or if it's strictly a fan thing. 

The Yankees retired No. 8 for both Yogi Berra and Bill Dickey, so it has been done before.

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And Salmon was the superior player and it really isn’t close.  Higher WAR, OPS+.  More career HRs in 2000 less plate appearances.  

I assumed it was satire. The notion is so ludicrous: no one could actually believe Anderson is better, let alone way better than Salmon. Anderson was solid, but he wasn’t even above average outside of two career years: 2002-2003. Career wRC+ was exactly league average: 100. Salmon’s was like 140, iirc.