• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well this forum is pretty far right. So I don't blame him.

I've considered it. I try to not take it seriously but when the top guys are pretty much QAnon level Republicans it's hard to justify. Plus it's leaked into the main forum.

Does it? It seems pretty even here in the political forum.

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Does it? It seems pretty even here in the political forum.

I don't see it that way.

It's not so much the number if posters one way or the other, but most of the serious contributers here are conservative, or self proclaimed "moderates". Or "libertarians".

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I don't see it that way.

It's not so much the number if posters one way or the other, but most of the serious contributers here are conservative, or self proclaimed "moderates". Or "libertarians".

I would say Nate and Glen are serious contributors and they lean left. Brian and Chuck obviously lean right. Most of the others seem to not speak their politics on this site AFAIK.

21 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I would say Nate and Glen are serious contributors and they lean left. Brian and Chuck obviously lean right. Most of the others seem to not speak their politics on this site AFAIK.

Nate doesn't post here much anymore and Glen left.

54 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I won't get into too much detail but he doesn't like posting here knowing what the admin, as well as many of the posters, support. 

He could just stay off this part of the forum but apparently he follows Chuck on Twitter and got upset over the shit he posts and doesn't want to associate with that.

I don't agree with it necessarily but he was one of our best posters and he's gone. We haven't had a decent new user in years and we've lost Glen and ettin to politics. Possibly more.

I've stopped following Chuck on Twitter due to politics and I've also let him know that I'm not all that keen on how politics have crept into things on this site (obviously not talking about on this specific board, since that's what it's here for--but the main one, etc.).  I doubt anyone would consider me one of the "best posters," but I've been here a long time and have been a supporter of the site (financially and otherwise) for a while.  I admit that it's been tough to find much joy here lately for a variety of reasons--but the political bent of some of the more prominent posters/moderators is definitely a contributing factor.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I've stopped following Chuck on Twitter due to politics and I've also let him know that I'm not all that keen on how politics have crept into things on this site (obviously not talking about on this specific board, since that's what it's here for--but the main one, etc.).  I doubt anyone would consider me one of the "best posters," but I've been here a long time and have been a supporter of the site (financially and otherwise) for a while.  I admit that it's been tough to find much joy here lately for a variety of reasons--but the political bent of some of the more prominent posters/moderators is definitely a contributing factor.

I agree

(seriously)

16 hours ago, calscuf said:

It’s because Orthodox Jews are as douchey about masks  and distancing as south county white women and Larry are.  That’s what’s happening here.  Big surprise the article isn’t being specific about that.

That's what I had heard, that it was largely in the Orthodox Jewish areas of Queens. I was listening to a live news feed, though

22 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Politics definitely do not belong on the main board.

Especially when a thread starts on the main board and the topic skews political, and Chuck becomes very selective about which posts he deletes before inevitably moving the thread to the Spin Forum. @Stradling knows what I mean.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

BTW, one of a few things is happening here:

1) The drug cocktails work great.

2) They're exaggerating how well he is doing

3) They staged the whole thing

You don't get over Covid in 3 days, particularly if you are 74 years old. It takes about 10-14 days for the virus to clear the body, for anyone. Furthermore, days 7-9 are the danger days when many people who had mild symptoms take a drastic turn for the worse.  We aren't even close to that yet.

My bet is they set up basically an intensive care room at the WH and Trump being Trump he demanded it and demanded to be sent back the WH.  If he's fine in another week, I'll buy it.  But a fat old man doesn't recover in 3 days, particularly if he was having oxygen issues with a high fever.

Did you not see him signing blank papers and his car ride yesterday? He's fine. 

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

BTW, one of a few things is happening here:

1) The drug cocktails work great.

2) They're exaggerating how well he is doing

3) They staged the whole thing

You don't get over Covid in 3 days, particularly if you are 74 years old. It takes about 10-14 days for the virus to clear the body, for anyone. Furthermore, days 7-9 are the danger days when many people who had mild symptoms take a drastic turn for the worse.  We aren't even close to that yet.

My bet is they set up basically an intensive care room at the WH and Trump being Trump he demanded it and demanded to be sent back the WH.  If he's fine in another week, I'll buy it.  But a fat old man doesn't recover in 3 days, particularly if he was having oxygen issues with a high fever.

I'm going with number 1.

57 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I admit that it's been tough to find much joy here lately for a variety of reasons--but the political bent of some of the more prominent posters/moderators is definitely a contributing factor.

You hear that @fishbulb back off with your oppressive moderation from the Qnon Alt Right liberation army.