• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carlos Beltran steps down as manager of the Mets

rafibomb

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

This whole thing is getting crazy.    Three managers fired or stepping down, and one of them never managed a single game.

Could this rival the Black Sox scandal?

Three would-be contenders hurriedly seeking a new manager less than a month before pitchers and catchers report. Crazy!

Who’s got the popcorn?

The Mets have formally announced Beltran’s ousting. COO Jeff Wilpon and general manager Brodie Van Wagenen issued the following statement:

We met with Carlos last night and again this morning and agreed to mutually part ways. This was not an easy decision. Considering the circumstances, it became clear to all parties that it was not in anyone’s best interest for Carlos to move forward as Manager of the New York Mets. We believe that Carlos was honest and forthcoming with us. We are confident that this will not be the final chapter in his baseball career. We remain excited about the talent on this team and are committed to reaching our goals of winning now and in the future.

Can you imagine if a bullshit detector was put to this steaming pile of bullshit that Beltran put out?  It would be buzzing so hard, you think it was broken

"Over my 20 years in the game, I've always taken pride in being a leader BULLSHIT and doing things the right way, BULLSHIT and in this situation, I failed," Beltran said in a statement given to ESPN. "As a veteran player on the team, I should've recognized the severity of the issue BULLSHITand truly regret the actions that were taken.BULLSHIT

"I am a man of faith BULLSHIT and integrity BULLSHIT and what took place did not demonstrate those characteristics BULLSHIT that are so very important to me and my family. I'm very sorry. It's not who I am as a father, a husband, a teammate and as an educator BULLSHIT. The Mets organization and I mutually agreed to part ways, moving forward for the greater good with no further distractions. I hope that at some point in time, I'll have the opportunity to return to this game that I love so much."

Someone claiming to be Beltran's niece broke the news of Beltran signing a few days before it happened and tweeted yesterday that Beltran would be stepping down. 

Now she just tweeted this (now deleted) and now her twitter account was made private

This is hilarious

Edited by rafibomb

6 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Someone claiming to be Beltran's niece broke the news of Beltran signing a few days before it happened and tweeted yesterday that Beltran would be stepping down. 

Now she just tweeted this (now deleted) and now her twitter account was made private

Wow if that’s true that’s a whole other level. Maybe the Astros didn’t get punished enough.

7 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

This is hilarious

FANTASTIC

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

Wow if that’s true that’s a whole other level. Maybe the Astros didn’t get punished enough.

No, they certainly didn't. But it would have been funny if Altuve or Bregman got a Gatorade bath after a game and had to endure being electrocuted on live TV when their buzzer short circuited.