• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yankees Sign Nick Tropeano

failos

He had some success a couple years ago for the Angels. Never wish ill for any player. I hope it works out with the Yankees and he can make a good career of this sport for himself. He definitely has the talent to be in the big leagues. Just hopefully he puts it all together. Just not against the Angels of course. 

And I think there are a lot of parallels between Tropeano and Sandoval both came up with the Astros and pasted great minor league numbers. Both had back end of the rotation stuff, and both were traded for an Angels catcher. Both have great change ups and also experienced an uptick in velocity upon reaching the majors with the Angels. 

There was a lot of optimism surrounding Tropeano but the injuries absolutely derailed him. Sandoval is very much the left handed version of him. He's got a little better velocity than Tropeano and the breaking ball shows more bend to it, but ultimately I think he's the Angels second chance at developing a good #4 starter they acquired for cheap from the Astros. 

Ultimately, I think if Sandoval stays healthy, that he will develop into an Andrew Heaney type of starter. Hopefully with more innings.