• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Free Agent Faceoff: Wood Vs. Walker

Chuck

In regards to 40-man roster spots for prospects--  None need to be done now, some guys will be on the 60-day DL to start the season, or will be outrighted to the minors, and exposed to waivers.

They have as you stated, Peters, Meija, Mayers, Markel, are on the roster now, and Cole, Bard, and Jewell...Any of these guys could be the one to outright/ release.

Taylor Ward is listed as an infielder, but may end up in left. Hermosillio is on the roster. There could be trades from the 40, as well.

1 minute ago, Halodays said:

If we're going to start worrying about past injuries then do we also want to worry about Ohtani, Heaney and Canning...or 3/5ths of their current rotation.?

I mean, some injuries are worse then others.  Shoulders are bad as I understand it.  Anyway, I’d still be interested.  But earlier I indicated that I’d give him the same deal I’d give Wood.  I think I maybe wouldn’t now. 

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean, some injuries are worse then others.  Shoulders are bad as I understand it.  Anyway, I’d still be interested.  But earlier I indicated that I’d give him the same deal I’d give Wood.  I think I maybe wouldn’t now. 

I think the Angels are at a point where they need to take some chances( injuries..age) on some Pitchers as long as the price is right. The alternative is to trade some of the top ten prospects for pitchers whom are no better than what they have already.

18 minutes ago, Halodays said:

I think the Angels are at a point where they need to take some chances( injuries..age) on some Pitchers as long as the price is right. The alternative is to trade some of the top ten prospects for pitchers whom are no better than what they have already.

The angels have taken more chances on guys then i can count in the last decade my dude. 

@Chuckster70 I'd guess both if they went after Wood. Hell, if no one wants him then give him a minor league deal to figure it out. I'd only take him if they are still going to heavily pursue a trade for a controllable frontline piece. 

I'm thinking one of two things:

Adams gets delt for Boyd 
or
Marsh is packaged for a #1 guy mid-season like a Clevinger or Syndergaard (assuming Mets tank)

I'd lean more towards the first one.