• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Updated 26 Man Roster Construction

Hubs

POSITION PLAYER -- LOCKS (9)

Mike Trout, CF

Justin Upton, LF

Brian Goodwin, RF

Albert Pujols, 1B/DH

Tommy LaStella 1B/2B/3B

David Fletcher, 2B/3B/SS/LF

Andrelton Simmons, SS

Anthony Rendon, 3B

Max Stassi, C

POSITION PLAYER -- POSSIBLES (2-4 spots)

Luis Rengifo, 2B/SS

Matt Thaiss, 1B/3B

Michael Hermosillio, OF

Elliot Soto, SS

Anthony Bemboom, C

2-WAY PLAYER -- LOCKS (1)

Shohei Ohtani, SP/DH

2-WAY PLAYER -- POSSIBLES (0-1 spot)

Jared Walsh, 1B/LF/RF

PITCHERS -- LOCKS (9)

Andrew Heaney, SP

Dylan Bundy, SP

Julio Teheran, SP

Griffin Canning, SP

Hansel Robles, RP

Cam Bedrosian, RP

Ty Buttrey, RP

Keynan Middleton, RP

Felix Pena, RP/SP

PITCHERS -- POSSIBLES (2-3 spots)

Noe Ramirez, RP

Taylor Cole, RP

Justin Anderson, RP

Jose Suarez, SP/RP

Patrick Sandoval, RP

Feel free to add/change.

5 minutes ago, failos said:

How soon can we expect Adell/Marsh?

Knowing that the Angels don't like to manipulate the controllable years of their prospects makes me think if Adell has an excellent Spring then he'll make the roster. They plan on him starting in AAA but I think he absolutely has the chance to force the issue.
Marsh will start in AAA. Obviously September call-up if not traded by deadline, but if Upton goes down with an injury then plan on Marsh getting the call.

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Knowing that the Angels don't like to manipulate the controllable years of their prospects makes me think if Adell has an excellent Spring then he'll make the roster. They plan on him starting in AAA but I think he absolutely has the chance to force the issue.
Marsh will start in AAA. Obviously September call-up if not traded by deadline, but if Upton goes down with an injury then plan on Marsh getting the call.

I would imagine a great spring would get Marsh on the roster too. I’m sure Maddon will figure out how to get Adell, Marsh, and Uptoe in the lineup 

Just now, failos said:

I would imagine a great spring would get Marsh on the roster too. I’m sure Maddon will figure out how to get Adell, Marsh, and Uptoe in the lineup 

Marsh won't start on major league club. Although AAA is a hitters dream and shouldn't matter as much, he'll have Adell, Upton, Trout, Goodwin and likely Hermosillo ahead of him. 

6 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Marsh won't start on major league club. Although AAA is a hitters dream and shouldn't matter as much, he'll have Adell, Upton, Trout, Goodwin and likely Hermosillo ahead of him. 

Not really knowing a ton about Hermosillo, and just looking at his minor league numbers, dude seems to have show-to-minors-shuttle-depth written all over him. I can't imagine his major league ceiling is very high.

Have to guess one bench spot and one or two pitching spots will be reserved for players with options remaining.  With a four man bench (not counting Ohtani) there could be a catcher, 4th OF, utility infielder (Fletcher/La Stella) and a hitter.  Either La Stella picks up 1b starts or the hitter plays some 1b and perhaps some OF.  

15 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Fletcher said on am830 the other day to not rule out Adell making the team right out of spring.

That’s great- I value his judgment.  I bet Fletcher is coaching material.

Do we agree Adell is a studly dude?  Classy, easy to root for, perhaps media savvy and could be a star?  

Edited by Revad