• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does anyone care that this team hasn't won a game yet?

I really do worry about Sciscia's ability to motivate his players. While the first week of Spring Training, especially with all the scrubs playing, does not mean much, he better have his 'A' team busting their butts come April. Being shown up by the A's last year was a complete humiliation.

what's funny is your line of reasoning, or lack thereof.

What that we haven't made the playoffs in 3 years? Last time I checked that was a fact. I've yet to see any facts out of you. Scioscia's been in charge, and we've failed...it doesn't get any more factual than that

What that we haven't made the playoffs in 3 years? Last time I checked that was a fact. I've yet to see any facts out of you. Scioscia's been in charge, and we've failed...it doesn't get any more factual than that

you haven't been paying attention then. But your argument is completely non-sequitur to this thread.

Scioscia was in charge when they succeeded too. Point?

89 wins =/= succeed?  Eek.  Try being a fan of 20 other teams...

Mike Trout had a historic year, Arte opened up the wallet. Going into the season it was WS or bust...Not making the playoffs wasn't even an option. It was a ridiculous failure, and most of the board agrees

When they all suck how do you use it properly without over-working the couple of decent arms.

You don't pull Greinke in the 9th in KC when he's thrown 96 pitches and is cruising through while Frieri has been over-worked recently, you don't bring in Isringhausen to close in Arlington, you don't leave Walden the closer for the first month (?) of the season without adjusting, you don't put Hawkins into a must win game in Oakland when Jepsen is pitching the best baseball of his life and is available (he was brought in AFTER the damage was done http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?id=320808111)

There are many more cases...those were the ones off the top of my head. You guys love making excuses for the fat man, but fail to realize that the guy is slow to react to obvious situations that half the people on the board would react to.

When they all suck how do you use it properly without over-working the couple of decent arms.

I'll just mention examples from August on:

Pinch run for Morales in scoring position in a one-run away game to avoid the game going into extra innings instead of worrying about "gutting the lineup" in the 12th+ inning.

Remove a struggling starter before he singlehandedly gives up a 8-0 lead

Keep a starting pitcher 2 outs away from complete game shutout in the game. 

That plus not phoning it in the last two days of the regular season (post elimination) = wildcard.

And Duck, you can look at any team and pick games where the bullpen has blown a game and blame it on the managers decision.

Haha. That's the best you've got man? The whole "other managers blow games too so Scisocia is not to blame" argument. Hilarious. How about some facts of things the guy did good. I'd love to hear them. I'll wait for your response. I went back through the game logs and found my response. How about something a little less weak then this response. Not to be too critical of you, but that's a BS argument