• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler prefers good guys

Taylor

Everything I've heard points to Rendon being a solid clubhouse presence in addition to being an MVP-caliber performer.

In his drafts (Adell) and aggressive free agent/contract moves (Ohtani, Trout extension, and now Rendon), Eppler seems to go hard after players who are great on the field and even better teammates. He's not as interested in guys with big egos.

I could be wrong, but this seems like a pattern to me.

Edited by Taylor

I don't know if I can actually contain my enthusiasm for this signing.  I  know the Angels need pitching, pitching and pitching and then - even more pitching, but this signing ranks among one of the greatest acquisitions in my lifetime for a variety of reasons.  A player's character matters to me as a fan.  Who that player is as a person matters to me.  It's one of the reasons I love Mike Trout.  It's also one of the reasons I don't bash Albert Pujols.  As a kid, Robert Clemente was my favorite. As an adult - Torii Hunter became my all-time favorite.  Anthony Rendon is also on that list for me. 

He won me over in the WS by the way he not only played - but also by the way he carried himself.

As fans we have no control over who are favorite teams acquire.  It's nice to see Eppler and Arte making an effort to sign players who are not only great on the field, but special people as well.  It's also gratifying that when they do make mistakes with a player's character - they move quickly to rectify that.

I am going to enjoy Rendon a great deal.  I'm ecstatic about him putting on an Angels uniform.

Edited by True Grich

35 minutes ago, True Grich said:

. He won me over in the WS by the way he not only played - but also by the way he carried himself.

Contrast that to Cole's selfish attitude (and, yes, his Boras hat) after game seven.   At the very least, Cole's behavior revealed a lack of common sense.  Those things do matter, especially if you are signing a guy for seven to nine years.

2 minutes ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Contrast that to Cole's selfish attitude (and, yes, his Boras hat) after game seven.   At the very least, Cole's behavior revealed a lack of common sense.  Those things do matter, especially if you are signing a guy for seven to nine years.

Those things didn't matter to the Angels as they offered him almost $300 million.