• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would Kris Bryant cost?

Ochocinco!

With all the talk of Cole, Ryu and Mad Bum I think this team still needs help in the lineup. Upton is all over the place, counting on anything from Pujols is wishful thinking, can La Stella really repeat his career year? Why not start the offseason off by trading for Kris Bryant as it seems the Cubs are more than willing to trade him for some prospects. 

Ive seen it mentioned on this board before that we shouldn't have to give up Adell or Marsh for Bryant and I for one think thats ludicrous. I am for trading Marsh if it brings back a top line starter or a trusted bat like Bryant. I have no idea what else it would take to get a deal done but im assuming chicago would want a couple pitching prospects... So would this be too much to give for Bryant?

Marsh

Sandoval/Canning

Random pitching prospect 

Cozart (Helps with payroll flexibility to continue to push for pitching)

Bryant 

You guys are much more creative and knowledgable than I, so lets hear some of your trade packages!

5 minutes ago, popo85 said:

Might as well try for Contreras in the deal, probably would have to take back 2 crappy contracts 

no, i think only one at most as we can also help them with thier actual needs, which are CF and 2B per the reading.
They dont get top kids plus salary relief in spades but we happen to have an abundance of at least one spot they have need on

I think the Cubs want major league ready players to go with high upside prospects. I think it would take something like Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Matt Thaiss/Taylor Ward, and Jaime Barria to land Bryant. If we took on one of their bad contracts (Chatwood, Darvish) I think we could get him for less.

In an ideal world I love the idea of a Bryant, Contreras, and Chatwood for Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Matt Thaiss, Jaime Barria, and a pitching prospect (Stiward Aquino, Hector Yan, etc.) trade.

25 minutes ago, UnrulyManBun27 said:

I think the Cubs want major league ready players to go with high upside prospects. I think it would take something like Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Matt Thaiss/Taylor Ward, and Jaime Barria to land Bryant. If we took on one of their bad contracts (Chatwood, Darvish) I think we could get him for less.

In an ideal world I love the idea of a Bryant, Contreras, and Chatwood for Brandon Marsh, Jordyn Adams, Matt Thaiss, Jaime Barria, and a pitching prospect (Stiward Aquino, Hector Yan, etc.) trade.

i wouldnt give both Marsh and Adams,  i was thinking more like one of them, one of Thaiss/Ward,  Rengifo, a pitcher, Suarez for example.  Remember they need 2B as well.  I do that all day to get Contreras, Bryant, and Chatwood. 

I would much rather sign Rendon out of free agency. He is a better hitter and defender and won't cost us prospect capital, just a massive amount of money. Anthony also solves our 3B position longer-term than Bryant in all probability, assuming he doesn't take a 2-year deal.

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

I would much rather sign Rendon out of free agency. He is a better hitter and defender and won't cost us prospect capital, just a massive amount of money. Anthony also solves our 3B position longer-term than Bryant in all probability, assuming he doesn't take a 2-year deal.

i think the idea in something like this trade is that it delays the massive money till post Pujols/Upton as Brynat and Contreras cost less than a Rendon would for example, but im cool with either approach. 

24 minutes ago, floplag said:

i think the idea in something like this trade is that it delays the massive money till post Pujols/Upton as Brynat and Contreras cost less than a Rendon would for example, but im cool with either approach. 

If you look at the finances this really isn't the issue, it is really a commitment of money by Moreno. Whether you exceed the Competitive Balance Tax threshold by a few million or several million, is probably less relevant to Moreno, particularly if you backload the contracts. It is money vs. resources (prospects) and Bryant will cost several of the latter which will hurt us more than the money in my opinion. Arte, I believe, is sincerely trying to spend this off-season (and next). All of this is doable for the next two years until Pujols contract falls off. I've run the numbers and have made posts to this very point. The last article of the Primer Series will discuss this in detail but events in the free agent and trade markets may precede that final article and make it look a little bit of "after the fact". This is a pivotal off-season for the team and I think Moreno is going to get us over the hump and into immediate contention but there is a lot to overcome and nothing is guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

If you look at the finances this really isn't the issue, it is really a commitment of money by Moreno. Whether you exceed the Competitive Balance Tax threshold by a few million or several million, is probably less relevant to Moreno, particularly if you backload the contracts. It is money vs. resources (prospects) and Bryant will cost several of the latter which will hurt us more than the money in my opinion. Arte, I believe, is sincerely trying to spend this off-season (and next). All of this is doable for the next two years until Pujols contract falls off. I've run the numbers and have made posts to this very point. The last article of the Primer Series will discuss this in detail but events in the free agent and trade markets may precede that final article and make it look a little bit of "after the fact". This is a pivotal off-season for the team and I think Moreno is going to get us over the hump and into immediate contention but there is a lot to overcome and nothing is guaranteed.

it works either way, one just gives you a little more breathing room short term.